Tournament # 2

September 18, 2013

It's official - we are headed to our second ATA Tournament this coming weekend in Mesquite, Texas.

As you may have read here, Makaila didn't have a great experience at our first Tournament trip a few months back, so as I expected - she was highly reluctant to do it again.  I honestly wasn't pushing it either.  Things can get a little hectic in our household, and so I was just not trying to bring much attention to the upcoming tournament in hopes that we just wouldn't go.  I had asked Makaila last month and the answer was NO, so I left it at that. 

Monday night however, she came home (with all three stripes- which means she is ready to test for her next belt) very excited about her class and eager to convince me to take her to the tournament this weekend.  I was not expecting this.  On one hand I was happy to see her having changed her mind, and confident in herself to go out there and do it again, and on the other hand I was cringing to think I would have to dish out all the registration money, the hotel money, and have to take the girls out of town on my own (I am highly independent; but I hate driving - being alone in new places and just going places without Danny in general). 

Danny and I talked about it and decided that this needed to happen (to show Makaila that giving up is not an option, and to encourage her in her new found confidence (this is a big step for her)).  We even came to the conclusion, that before we headed to this tournament we needed to register Makaila into the Leadership program at ATA.  This means that not only can she take her regular Taekwondo classes, but the creative weapons classes, and the leadership skills classes as well.  Also - it means that in tournaments she can gain points to accumulate to participate in state, national and world championships.  We had been holding off on this  for several months simply because of the cost factor. 

We went to class last night with the girls and I registered the three of us for the Tournament, and started the registration forms for Makaila to join leadership.  Well, as luck would have it, Master Henderson received a flyer just that afternoon promoting Leadership registration for $99 (instead of the usual $199), so I figured I would sign up Issy too (2 for the price of 1 - you know I can't pass up a good deal); well I started form number two, and Master Henderson casually mentions that after the first two members all other family members can join for $25.  So why not!  We are all three officially registered into the ATA Leadership program!!! 

This will be the second tournament under our belts, and the first in which we have the ability to accumulate points.  Makes this trip kinda exciting.  Makaila is beyond prepared..she has been practicing like crazy.  Isabella is still working on memorizing her new form, so this will be interesting.  We will see how it goes this weekend for her.  I just got my first testing stripe on Tuesday night, and have some major work to do as well, but I'm excited to go. 

Hotel is booked, registration is paid, and Leadership is done....Mesquite, Texas here we come!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.