See you at the pole

September 25, 2013

Did you know that See you at the Pole is today?

Do you know what See you at the Pole is?

This day always causes me happy tears.  I love it!!  I drive in listening to kids gathered at their school (I listen to KSBJ on my drive into work) and standing proud in their faith and I LOVE it!!!

See you at the Pole is a day each school year in which kids gather at their schools and pray.  The prayers must be lead by a student, and it is completely voluntary.  The kids pray for their fellow students, their school and anything that weighs on their hearts. 




When I was in school, I remember attending See you at the Pole events every single year starting in 6th grade.  It didn't mean much more than a little extra time to hang out with my friends at the time, and while we prayed, I couldn't tell you what we prayed for - BUT I went.  I was proud to believe in God, and not at all embarrassed for people to see me pray!

Makaila has by her own choice attended the See you at the Pole events at her schools, and I love it.  As her mom, I am so proud of her and happy that she has faith, and that she isn't embarrassed by it at all. 

It really warms my heart and fills my eyes with tears when I see this event take place, or even hear it discussed on the radio.  It makes me so happy to know that our future generation has such awesome and bold faith driven leaders!  It is only a slim reminder that God is alive and real and that despite attempts to keep him out of certain places......God is everywhere!!!

Today - I pray for all those students bold and strong who woke up a little early this morning and went to school to gather at the flagpole with their friends and classmates to pray.  That they continue a growing relationship with God and they share that with their friends.  I pray that their bold act of faith be an example for others.  That God fill them all with blessings and peace in their hearts.  I pray for focus on their school work, a strong support group and cheer squad at home.  I pray that they would know and be proud of the example this small gathering has on others (makes me so so happy)!!! Amen



P.S. - I also want to pray for Makaila who has several tests this morning  - that she be focused and that the answers be clear to her. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.