Labor Day - Weekend Rewind

September 3, 2013

Wow!  What a weekend!! I highly enjoyed the entire 4 day weekend.  I t was jammed packed!!

Friday was my 9/80 Friday.  I got up early - took the girls to school, and headed to Target.  I had every intention of making the cake for Isabella's Birthday party all day Friday - and decorating on Saturday - but she wanted a Teen beach cake, and Target bakery had one more kit left so I figured it was destiny.  I ordered the cake from them as well as some summer themed cupcakes!


 Then I did a little clearance shopping. I walked around Target for about an hour (waiting for Kohl's to open because I had a $10 gift card that would expire this weekend - and you know I hate passing up free money).  I found a pair of wedges I had been eying all summer for 8.98!!  They were originally priced $29.99, and had been marked down for the past two months to 20.98!  That's not enough for me....so I was super excited to find them for 8.98!!  I felt like it was my lucky day.

I left there and when I was driving down the parking lot over to Kohl's I got this overwhelming need to stop in at TJ Maxx (since it was right in  between Target and Kohl's.  I love their jewelry, so I figured - why not!  The good Lord knew what he was doing.  I walked in and found that the workers were moving sales racks to the center walkway with clearance closeout (which means - stuff was marked 90% off).  I filled my cart with so many things and then headed to the dressing room (even if it is only $1 - it has to fit or its a waste of money!)  I eliminated about half the items after I hit the dressing room.  I did this routine about 4 times trying on things, eliminating, going back out to find more, repeat, repeat!  After a couple hours I was done.  And it was only about 10:30 am!! LOL I ended up buying several cute tops for $1, khaki skinnies for $2, two pairs of shorts for $1 each, a pair of cute cornflower blue skinny jeans, for $3, some pool loungers for $3 each, and some great books for Isabella for 60cents.  I also got a beautiful purse from $89 to $9!!!  It is an awesome designer sling wrap fold over wristlet style bag that was adorable!!!

I only took a couple pics - but here is a little example:


I left TJ Maxx (overjoyed I might add), and headed to the much awaited Kohl's to use my $10 before they expired!!

I won't bore you with the number of items they had on clearance there as well (TONS and TONS), but I will show you the most favorite coveted item I found:




This clutch took my breath away!  It was a cute Vera Wang clutch regularly priced at $59.99  - marked down clearanced to $15, add to that my free $10 to spend in store (no exceptions), and I paid $5 for this beauty!!!  I loved it!!!  Used it to a party the very next day!!

Isabella had early release on Friday - so I left Kohl's and picked her up.  We went home to relax and have some snacks.  She ate apples with Peanut butter and I had some Chinese food leftovers from earlier in the week!  It was scrapbooking Friday - so I decided to get some scrapping done a little early.  I ended up scrapping until it was time to pick up Makaila from school.  I had several layouts from past months with no pictures and spent my time putting pics in and cutting and completing 16 different two page layouts!  I felt extremely accomplished!!!

At about 5 Margaret arrived and we started scrapping the August layout!  I loved it.  (sorry I forgot to take a pic).  We scrapped until midnight that night.  Teresea came over, and so did Cynthia and my newest neighbor Amy joined us too.  We had a few glasses of wine, and shared a ton of laughs and stories.  It was a good night!!

Saturday morning I was up by 7!!  It was really early and I decided I would go jog the neighborhood!  I got to the end of our block when I remembered that it was Isabella's birthday so I turned back around and decorated her bedroom door with streamers and a big Happy Birthday banner!!  It was still early when I got done, so I went back out for my jog.  I got home only minutes after the birthday girl had awoken.  She was super excited about being a 6 year old.  The girls got ready for karate while I showered.  We went to karate and it was great.  The girls are in the same juniors class now.  They did  a little combat training and wouldn't you know it that little Isabella was the last man standing! LOL   She was knocking kids out left and right and seeing as how she is the tiniest in the class - the place was filled with laughter and cheers for little Issy!  It was hilarious.  I will upload a video later (Danny was able to record the last few minutes of the combat battle).  After their class - Isabella was greeted with the longest Birthday line ever.  Everyone in the juniors class, as well as all the kids from the next higher rank class got in a line down the center of the entire building to high five the birthday girl after her much anticipated birthday spankings!!  She was SOO excited about it, and was smiling ear to ear when we left!

The rest of our day was filled with party errands.  We took what we had over to Ernie and Sarah's and then scoured the town to knock out the rest of our to-do's.  We bought the rest of the food (after 5 separate stops all around Houston), and again dropped it all off at Tio Ernie's and Aunt Sarah's.  We got home, and Danny took a little nap while I went to make the last stop of party runs.  Got all my final pieces at Wal-mart and came home.  Makaila made the yogurt for the fruit, squeezed the lime juice for the elotes, and put away the dirty dishes, while I made nutter butter sandal cookies, and chocolate dipped sprinkled marshmallows, and the last of the party goods. 

Party checklist complete, we got ready for Clint's daughter's Sweet 16!  It was really nice to see some old friends, and have a good time.  We stayed out there until about 1, and then headed home.  Again - I was up by about 7:30, so I got showered and ready and headed to church alone. 

My church notes as as follows:

Part 5 of Series: A Marriage Survival Guide

* Every man is created for a great adventure
* Every man is equipped to fight great battles
- Fundamentally , Man's deepest need is for connection
  • Relational Connection - it is not good for man to be alone - he needs a companion
  • Emotional connection - a man may not show his emotions on his sleeve as easily as a woman but he still wants it.  It give him strength to feel connected to his partner.  (Men ar great at hiding in plain sight).  A man needs someone to believe in him.
  • Spiritual Connection  - with God and with his wife
Be intentional - show your husband respect. 

Despite many differences, husbands and wives share one common enemy - Satan. 
Your enemy the devil prowls around like  roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of suffering.   1 Peter 5:8-9 (NIV)

After church I got home and everyone was up and going.  Danny headed out to buy ice and start getting tents ready, and I loaded the car with all the last minute items and headed over there myself.  We unloaded and got started.  My friend Teresea got there to help within the hour and my sister-n-law Ceci and her family arrived shortly after.  We spent the next few hours decorating and setting up tents and tables, picture backgrounds, and food.  I love that we are surrounded by such loving friends and family that we can always count on to help us with even the un-fun set up and tear down party things!!

Rose and Elaine got there to help early too, and we were done with everything right in time for the party to start.  It was a blast.  We had a great turn out of people, and plenty of food, and fun for everyone.  Several of Isabella's friends from karate came - Ethan, Ryne, Alex, Jacob, Dylan, Valeria and all their parents who take the adult class with me.  They had a great time in the pool.  We had all the Limons in house and my sisters, Erica and Samantha, as well as our new neighbor friend Abby, and several of Danny's friends from school (they are my friends too) - Chris and Kristy, Keith and Melissa, Jimmy and Marion.  We had a wonderful time.  Just see for yourselves:



















As you can see the party was a big success!!  We are so happy to be surrounded by so much love!  Thank you to everyone who helped us get everything together.  Thank you to Ernie and Sarah for opening their home to us and being so awesome.  Thank you to everyone who came out and celebrated with us- We love you all!!!

Monday morning - we woke up by 9, sorted through the birthday gifts, and then got ready and headed back over to Ernie's and Sarah's to dismantle tents.  We had breakfast first, and then headed over to the tents.  We were done in no time (thanks to all the help the night before putting away tables, and chairs and decorations, etc - The Limon family is awesome at helping with parties - so grateful).  After the tent take-down, I spent the next four hours with Sarah in the pool lounging, and getting a tan of my own!!  To say I got a little color is an understatement!  I got  a lot of color! 

The girls went to see the One Direction movie with Jason and Victoria (which was so kind of them), and had a blast. Once they came back we headed home, and relaxed.  We were in bed by 8:30 - but I spent the next two hours reading a book to Danny.  I'll fill you in on that tomorrow. 

Overall - we had a great weekend.  The birthday party was a success and I am extremely grateful for our Limon family for all their help in getting everything done!  To say we are blessed and loved is an understatement! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.