Weekend Rewind

September 23, 2013

Friday was a very slow day at work.  I had a small list of to-do's which all were held up for one reason or another.  I was out of there by 3:30.

I went to Dillard to return two shirts, and to the post office to mail off some IRS forms.  I was glad to make it over to Dillard's to return those shirts becuase it was $48!!  That's way more than I care to spend on a top or two for that matter.  I don't know what I was thinking buying them.

I got home through some scattered showers and packed our bag for our tournament trip.  Danny headed out to work and the girls and I waited around for my sister to show up (she decided last minute that she could go with us - and I was glad to have the company - I hate traveling without another adult!).  There were major storms going on around the Houston area and we finally headed out at about 6:00.  It took almost two hours through all the storms just to clear past Willis.  There were those scary moments when its coming down so hard you can barely see in front of you!  But we made it through the storms and on our way safely.

By 9pm we were at our parents house in Teague for a late dinner.  We ate, chatted for a few minutes and then got back on the road.  We arrived in Mesquite at about 11 pm. ( I had my mapquest set - and it sent me past our hotel and into a shady neighborhood - which I followed and eventually had to call the hotel to get out of there - my sister had a field day laughing at me and my crappy map app) I think we were all worn out!  The beds were pretty comfy and we all knocked out! 

Wake up call came at 7 am, and we rushed to get ready, grabbed a bite for breakfast and the event center was about a block away.  The girls divisions started right away...by 11 am they  had both already competed and were wearing their medals.  They both did awesome.  I was extremely proud of them.  Makaila and Isabella are now in the same junior division and so they compete at the same time.  I went to Issy's ring and my sister went with Makaila.  Thank heavens they were put relatively close to one another and I had sight to both of them...

We had worked on the one-steps with Isabella on Thursday and Friday night (she had not learned them at all - so we practiced over and over).  Glad we did because she placed 3rd in that area.  Makaila was super excited about this tournament and determined to do better than the last time....and that she did.  My ninja received 1st place in forms and 3rd in one-steps!!  They were both pretty happy!




We waited around and waited and waited some more...my division was towards the end.  Finally I told Erica and Makaila to leave back to the hotel to relax for a bit while me and Issy waited.  You know how that works..about 15 minutes after they left...my division was called! LOL

I competed and placed 1st place in forms.  I was happy with that.  We left and were done with the competition.  We headed over to the Mesquite Thrift stores.  I have a cousin who lives in the area, so we got some good references and headed out to shop.  We hit up two pretty good stores and spent quite a bit of time and money.  We all found great things. Issy found some good dress-up/costume finds for 99 cents each.  Check out these cheerleader uniforms


Isabella and Abby are rocking our 99 cent uniform finds and little SJ is wearing an old costume of Makaila's....sorry Sean - I tried to keep him out of it but he really wanted to cheer with the girls! Issy loves playing dress up - so when I find cute things at the Thrift store its well worth my dollar! (Most of the clothes hanging on the mantle is Thrift store finds for Makaila and myself...we washed as soon as we got home)

I found several nice suit jackets for Fall, some brand new Jessica Simpson heels, a Juicy Couture jacket for Makaila, and even an Atascocita High School hoodie! LOL (amazing the things you can find)

After a solid 3 hours in the second store we headed over to the Mesquite mall for dinner and a Dillard's run.  We enjoyed some pasta dishes at Buca.  It was good.....I hadn't realized how hungry I was - too excited with all the shopping.

After dinner we went to the Dillard's and walked off some of our dinner.  We bought a new phone case for Makaila and a t-shirt and I got a couple bracelets.  We picked up some Sonic shakes for dessert on our way back to the hotel. 

We were all tired.  Showers all the way around and bed time.  I stayed up watching The Best Man, and then knocked out.

My sister was up and going by 7 am.  What an early bird!!  I'm glad she did - we were up and dressed and had breakfast and were out of our hotel by 8:30 that morning.  We made a pit stop in Huntsville to clearance shop at Target.  That Target always has wonderful mark downs.  We each finished filling the trunk of my car up with more Must have finds and then headed home. 

Being home was heaven.  I spent the afternoon doing some laundry (washing all our Thrift store finds so we could start enjoying it all) and lounging around.  Danny headed out to work and Makaila made a nice macaroni and hot dog dinner! LOL It was delicious.  Issy played dress-up and then later that evening Makaila played hair dresser with me.  She curled all my hair in tights curls...I looked like an old worn out Mexican Annie! LOL



Wow - that pic is horrible - I look pregnant ( I promise I am not - I can't even get pregnant anymore - It was just the angle of the wide dress).

The huge head of curls was kinda cute - but I slept on it and this morning I looked like a ragging Madussa  - so they had to be washed out.  

Our weekend was great overall.  We did great at the tournament, we spent some fun time with my sister Erica, found some great finds at the Mesquite Thrift stores and laughed and laughed and laughed! We were happy and I'm very glad we all went and had a fun time together.  Happy is a great result!


1 comment

  1. Sean's gonna kill you! He would have made a pretty little girl though...

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.