Weekend Rewind

September 30, 2013

Friday morning I woke up and dropped Makaila off at school by 7 for clarinet sectionals.  We came home and little Ms. Issy wanted to look extra pretty for school, so we curled her hair and she wore a new dress.

I took the little beauty to school and then went back to bed!  I slept until almost 11!!!  It was so refreshing.  After that I got up and drove to Tarkington to get the scrapbook layouts for the evening.  I went to get a present for Abby's birthday party and then headed home to clean.  I ended up cleaning Isabella's closet and taking tons of pictures of some of my clothes and shoes that I have posted on Poshmark!  I posted tons of great designer items  (most new with tags) for sale!!

Later that evening Teresea and Amy came over and we scrap booked, enjoyed some wine and chit chatted!  It was 1 am before I went to bed.

Saturday morning I got up in time to take Isabella to her taekwondo class...after which she was insistent we go check out the new donut place!  I told her it wasn't open yet, and I was wrong.  We stood in line for almost an entire hour trying to get some DUNKIN DONUTS!!!!  We got a few donuts which were outstanding (however I was a little pissy about waiting in line so long and finding out the munchkins were sold out)!

We came home and did a little more picking up around he house until 12, then Makaila and I headed to class.  we had a good workout, then came home to get ready for Abby's party! 

A little after 2, we headed over to Monkey Bizness! The kids had a blast!!!



We played, and then headed over to Galena Park to drop off Makaila.  She was excited to spend the night with Alec!  Issy and I hung out with Tia Ceci for a few hours, and watched Glee....then headed home.


We came home and watched tv with Danny, did a little dancing and went to bed! Issy was having a tummy ache (probably because of all the dunkin donuts she had eaten earlier).

Sunday Morning I got up and Issy and I went to church alone.  (Danny wasn't interested in joining us today - I swear anytime I feel like we take a step forward in the right direction - he takes two steps back).

Church Notes as follows:
Part 4 of the Unshakable Series:
4th Commandment - Honor the Sabbath
Sabbath  - to rest
Have a SACRED MARGIN
 * Physical Restoration - it's not about the rules but the rest and inner peace
 * Emotional Restoration - Pray  - Give your emotional baggage over to God and trust him to handle it
 * Spiritual Restoration - Weekly worship is important.  But God first in your day, the start of your week - give him importance and see how you are blessed

Go to church and be surrounded by other believers.  His word says where two or more are gathered - I am there.....

Be Still and know that I am God - translates into stop worrying, stop over committing, stop running, stop doing - and just be still ans soak in his peace!!

SACRED TENSION -
* When tensions and trials and stressed come in - don't resent them; face them as a test of your faith and know that each one hold s a lesson to make you better.
* Some of your problems are not to be solved, but to help you organize and regroup to know whats important
* Keep the tensions in life as reminders of the good things that need to be balanced/ managed
* When you are at work be all there, when you are at home,m be all there

SACRED COMMITMENT -
What are you committed to?To what do you give your all?
* Stop being half heartedly committed to everything and make God your priority
* It's not about believing but accepting/ belonging. You are not alone!!!
* Join a church and become a part of it - share in the brotherhood and body of Christ
We make alot of commitments in life that later mean nothing.  The three most important commitments in life are: CHRIST, FAMILY, and CHURCH!!

Test your commitments with two tests:
1. The funeral test - life for those people who will cry at your funeral and love you!!
2. The fire test - In a fire what matters most?  What would you grab first?  Whats worth going into the flames for?


After church we came home and while Danny watched the Texans game - Issy and I did some Halloween crafts Tia Teresa had left us on Friday.




After we finished making our decorations we played models - Issy came out in 6 different dressed while I announced her as a runway model.  Then after modeling for me - we both dressed up and played princess!  We took turns being Merida from Brave - She made a much better Merida than I did- that's for sure....but you be the judge:



Once the game ended - we drove over to pick up Makaila.  We stayed there and watched a movie - then headed home.  I fixed the patches on our uniforms and then Sammy and Tony came over.  They are headed to Puerto Rico and need to borrow some luggage!  We had to get a pic of all the Texan gear!!

We all headed out to have dinner at Applebee's and then hung out at the house watching tv.  Issy made them a Halloween tree to take home, so they could have a little Holiday decor.

Danny and I stayed up watching Revenge - It was good.

It was  good weekend - but I feel like it flew by!!!  I didn't get any laundry done, not much cleaning but we are all healthy, and happy.   Our home may be dirty, our laundry is piling up and we don't have any ice cream in the fridge - but we are blessed none the less!!  Have a great week ; ). 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.