Random Thought - Bestest Friends!?!?

September 5, 2013

I had a random though today - Do you have a friend you talk to every day?  Or maybe a sister you share EVERYTHING with?

I have three sisters (I Know - I'm kinda lucky that way)...but we aren't nearly as close as I would like for us to be.  I talk to my older sister Erica - almost daily while I am at work.  We talk about Celebrity gossip, the kids latest shananigan's, pinterest items that require further discussion, family gossip, breakfast choices, clothing, recipes, and just about any thing that comes to mind! LOL  Usually it is about 3-4 calls a day between the two of us.  I love it!!!!!

My little sister Samantha - I talk to maybe once every other week on average - but for some weird reason we only make calls to each other when necessary.  We have never really been that close (we are 7 years in age apart), and in completely different points in life (I am married with two kids and she is dating with no kids, and lots more free time and cooler past times!).  I wish that was different...I wish we could talk more about random stupid unimportant things, and emotional deep rooted things, and all the in betweens.  I am hopeful that this will change sooner than later.  She graciously invited my other sisters and myself to plan a girls weekend getaway soon that I am very excited for.  I really hope it pans out and creates a turning point for our friendship.  I don't just want to be sisters, I want to be sisters by birth and friends by choice (Cheesy I know - but it's true)!!

My oldest sister Nancy (which I love to pieces) I talk to the least.  Actually up until yesterday, I hadn't spoken to here for a number of months!!  That is very sad - but she is horrible at answering her phone, and at returning calls ( I have left several messages over the months for random things, birthday wishes, sale alerts, etc - but never heard back).  We spoke yesterday for a few minutes about the kids, then she put me on hold and never came back!  She is a very reserved person who does not like to talk about personal things, and or discuss her private life - I wish we did.  But in her defense - she has 4 kids, and stays super busy, so I guess stopping to BS with me is low on her priority scale. 

The reality of it is that I am the talker. I share my problems, my excitements, my thoughts, my opinions (too much most times).  This is a trait that Danny dislikes very much about me.  He says I talk too much about things that I shouldn't talk about...and honestly....he is right in some ways.  I should be able to talk to him about some of the stuff he doesn't want shared - but his response is ALWAYS to ignore me, so I Can't and Won't keep things in.  I am of the opinion that everyone should have a friend or sibling that they can trust and vent to and not hold things in (because it gives you wrinkles, and makes you loose your hair). 

I even have a few girlfriends that I talk to regularly - they are like my chosen sisters.  Letty, my girlfriend since maybe the age of 8 - I talk to EVERY single day of the week.  We talk about our kids, our marriages, our families, our jobs.  She calls me on her way to work and we talk during her drive time.  It works out perfectly!  I love it. 
My friend Vicky and I try to talk and catch up on random things at least once weekly!  We talk about each other, our kids, the hecticness of life, and when she manages to slip it in politics, and educational stuff! LOL I try to keep up with Brenda, and Adrianne, and Valerie, and Shelly, and other friends have kinda slipped away in the busyness of life (But I still miss them). 

I love my sisters and my girlfriends - I don't know what I would do without them.  I'd probably have completely thinning hair, and a ton of wrinkles......

Who is your bestie?  Do you talk to someone daily?  YOU SHOULD!!!!!  I highly recommend it!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.