Push Through - NOT!!

August 29, 2013

I thought that I was going to push through the pain - but I was wrong. I went to the gym at lunch time - got in the Strength Zone workout class and most of the excercises were arms (to offset the legs we did on Monday), and I could do the weights, and the stretch bands - but the jumping rope - not so much!! LOL

It was a freakin joke - I couldn't jump for the life of me!  I ended up having to drop the rope and lightly jog in place while whimpering and laughing through the excruciating pain in my legs!!  I made it through 30 of the 40 minute class and I was done!! I slowly and painfully walked back to work and sat at my desk nursing the pain.  Left work and took the long and hurt-filled walk to my car - took the girls to karate, and made dinner - then followed that by a HOT epsom salt bath!  It felt awesome!  I sat in it for about 20 minutes (cause the whole sweating like a dog while sitting in a tub of near boiling water can take its toll), and then showered. 

I was surprised at how much better I felt almost immediately.  I woke up this morning still feeling some pain - but not nearly as much as yesterday.  I think I will stick to jogging a couple miles around the track for lunch today - cause I am not up for another class - who knows if I can make it progressively better through the day I might even go back to the evening karate class.  We will see how the rest of my day goes!

On a seperate note - I am feeling overwhelmed with doubt and insecurity and frustration in certain areas the past couple days and the more I think about them the more I can feel the devil take his toll on me and steer me further into these doubts and pains - PRAY FOR ME.  Help me to have the words to address my isuues, a calm and open mind in them, and a focus on God and his desires for me in resolving them. Help me to focus on his word and not the influences of society and those around me that encourage my doubts.  Above all give me clarity to hear what God is trying to tell me.  Valerie called me two nights ago (perfect timing as always) and I wasn't able to talk to her - but I need to call her back.  She always knows what to say to me to make these thoughts and feelings go away!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.