Reality Check

August 1, 2013

During lunch yesterday, I took a kick boxing cardio class at the gym, and got in a great workout.  After work, I took Makaila to her karate class, went home to change, and came back for the 6:30 HIT fitness class at our karate school.  It is killer....I didn't think I could finish it, but I did!  Heavy breathing, body screaming, and all!
After our class however, the instructor called us back on the mat to talk to us.  He told us how great it is for us to be doing the class, and that it didn't matter our reasoning or motivation, but he wanted to encourage us to have the same drive in our day to day living/eating as we did in the class.  To be aware of what we are putting into our bodies and the effect it has on our goals.  Well if that isn't the THE WHOLE DAMN TRUTH I don't know what is.  Why is this part so hard for me? 
Before I went to bed I did three complete workouts yesterday.  Kickboxing, HIT fit, and karate class, and I have been working out daily for months, yet I am not losing a single pound!  It's not a question of why - I know why - I EAT LIKE CRAP!! 
The why is more of a why can't I bring myself to change the eating habits?!?  Why is this so hard for me? Why do I love food SO much?!? Why can't I just eat to live and not live to eat?!!? 
I don't want to just diet for results, I want to change my way of eating, my way of thinking about certain foods, my likes and dislikes......I want to, but then I see something delicious and savory and I can't stop myself! WHY?!?!?
I want to eat healthier, to cook healthier, to just be healthier in general......but when I have the choices to make I can't help but think about the cost, the lack of savoring, the difficulty, the COST....why does it cost SO much to eat better? Really - for lunch I can go to Salatas and get a spinach salad with chicken, avocado and veggies (no dressing), and pay $11, or I can go to Whataburger and get a #7 for $5...and you know how good their fries and ketchup are......
HELP ME! 
I need a reality check.  I need a motivating factor, I need encouragement, I need recipes, meal planning...something, anything!!

EDIT: I figured out the first step already - I am going to start doing Meal Planning Mondays - Apparently it is great for saving money at the groceries, saving money not eating out, and eating better at home as a family - WIN WIN....I am starting Meal Planning posts this coming Monday!!

1 comment

  1. I meal plan each week {well, most weeks} and post it to my blog. It really does help save money at the grocery store and keeps us eating healthy dinners!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.