Only One

July 31, 2013

Last night I tried to get to bed early (10pm) and I kept hearing Makaila and Isabella yelling at each other and being just plain mean.  I understand that there is an age gap of 7 years, but sometimes it really ticks me off how much they take each other for granted. There conversation went like this:

Issy - "Makaila - I'm hungry, you need to get up and cut an apple for me"
Kayla - "I'm not hungry, get your own apple"
Issy - yelling "I'm too little, so I said get up, or I'm gunna go get mom, and your gunna get in trouble"
Kayla - "Go ahead, your gunna wake her up and then you'll be in trouble"

Makaila gets up and follows Issy into the kitchen and it continues:

Issy - " Well what are you doing just standing there, cut my apple"
Kayla - "I'm not your slave, get the apple out, and wash it yourself if you want it"
Issy gets the apple and thrusts it at Makaila
Kayla - "Don't hand it to me like that, do it right, or you won't be eating an apple"
Issy - "You have the apple, so just cut it already"

Now - I'm in my bedroom listening to this and while usually I laugh at their bickering, last night it was just not that funny to me...so I went out to the kitchen to ask them what the problem is and this is the recap they give me:
Me - "What is the problem with you two - why do you have to be so ugly to one another?"
Kayla -  "It's her - she's all rolling her eyes and yelling at me and stuff."
Issy - "Nu-uh, she is being mean and won't cut my apple for me and I'm hungry, I asked nicely"

I proceeded to get onto the both of them and remind than that they each only get one sister.  ONLY ONE! I tell them - "What would you do without your sister, what if something happened tomorrow and your sister was gone....you would feel bad for how you treated her - so stop being so ugly to each other."
Issy chimes in and says - "I would go get her if she left...if someone took Makaila, I would just go get her back." 

I know it's normal for them to not get along, and get on each other's nerves - especially since my older sister and my younger sister are both 7 years older/younger than me.......but as a mom - I just wish they would understand that they only get ONE for each other, and they need to love and appreciate each other.....

I read a posting that said - YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED WHAT OTHERS ARE PRAYING FOR

It's so true, there are so many woman struggling to have babies, so many people watching loved ones dying, people in abusive relationships, lonely siblings, people praying for jobs, etc.

There wasn't any more fighting amongst the girls last night.....but if you have a sibling and are reading this - take it as a sign that you need to call him/her and tell them you love them.  Appreciate them while you have them.  Life is too short, and our tomorrows aren't promised...love the people around you and treat your sister with LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


THIS IS HOW I LIKE TO SEE MY BEAUTIFUL GIRLS - SMILING, HAPPY, AND BEING NICE !!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.