Ninja Stripes

August 7, 2013

We had a great night at Karate!  Both the girls earned a new strip on their belts, which means they conquered a new step in moving on to the next level. 

Makaila had class at 5:30 last night, and was separated into her color group to practice their form, however after the second turn, she was pulled aside by Mr. Henderson to display her form for the stripe and she did awesome.  She was upset on Tuesday, because I was given a stripe and she was not, so to say she was excited last night is an understatement!  She practiced really hard and it paid off!  She is one stripe away from qualifying to test for the next belt!!!  Way to go Makaila!!!




Isabella's class was at 6:00 last night, and only two other kids showed up, so All three of them were given an instructor and received one on one training!!  Dylan was paired with Ms. Aiken, Jaden got Mr. Pena, and Little Issy trained one on one with Master Henderson!!  She was the only one of the three of them that completed her form with no help, and she did awesome on her one step as well (which was the only testing strip she was missing!!)  She practiced the one step a few times and then was given her third strip!! After they practiced their form and one-steps a few times they were put on a balancing beam to practice their kicks, and did a little sparing!  I wish I would have taken video because watching them spar, as tiny as they all are...was hilarious!!


As their mom, I am so immensly proud of them and how far they have come along in a matter of months in this sport.  They both work really hard!!  I get compliments from other parents all the time on how good they are and I know first hand that they practice at home, so I just wanted to share with you guys that these little ninja's are doing awesome and we are really proud of them!!! It has helped them both in ways of respect, discipline, confidence, exercise, etc......REALLY PROUD!!




I had to add that last picture....I said .....show me your muscles and strong face....and Issy's look cracked me up!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.