9/80's are back!!

August 3, 2013

When I first started this job we had the option of working 9 hour days and being off every other Friday.  I did it for awhile, then mid year last year the option was taken away.  Well, we recently acquired a new company who partakes in the 9/80 work schedule and it was decided that instead of taking it away from them, that it would be opened back up to us.  I was working 7-4, and it works great, because I still get home early enough to get all my mommy jobs done, (dinner, karate, laundry, homework, etc.).  I told my boss that I was going to pass on the 9/80 option, because I cannot get off at 5pm, as it would not allow me to get to the girls by the required YMCA release time during the school year.  She gave me the option of changing my work hours from 6:30am - 4:30pm to partake in the 9/80 schedule and I did it.  Waking up at 5:00am has been brutal this whole week....but having Friday off was AWESOME!!!

As it turns out my parents came into town on Friday to do some errands, and so I woke up early, jogged around the neighborhood, showered, woke-up the girls, met my parents for breakfast, dropped my car off for some scheduled maintenance and then spent the entire day with them.  We went to Costco, I took my mom to run some errands, and then we all had dinner at my sisters house.  It was a great way to spend an extra day for the weekend!!  I Love the 9/80 schedule...let's see if I'm still loving it come Monday at 5am!!

Judging by the pictures below - you can tell we had a wonderful Friday!!





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.