Cupcake Cuties

August 9, 2013

Yesterday I rushed home to get us to our last round of karate classes before the big tournament this weekend.  When we drove up the school, it was empty and there was a sign on the door that read "Due to vandalism we have no lights, and no A/C, so the school is closed until Monday.  We apologize!!"
The girls were sad, and I was too...vandalizers stink!!!  I don't understand why stupid people do things like that! 

We drove off, and instantly decided that it was a good thing...the girls had practiced over and over during the day, so a good break in the training and stress was just what we all needed.  We got home and the girls were excited to make treats instead.  Makaila and Isabella together worked on making cupcakes, and since cupcakes and colored frosting and a zillion sprinkles just isn't enough...Makaila opted to make a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies as well!!!




They did a great job...my little chefs made excellent cupcakes, and cookies, their decorating skills were impeccable and the taste was over the moon! If moments like this keep me from loosing the weight I soooo want to loose.....then it is MORE THAN WORTH IT...I'll proudly be known as the family LARGE MARGE!!

Watching the girls do this together and enjoy the hour or so of cooking, and decorating, and just plain ole simplicity and enjoyment in life.....wouldn't change it for the world!!

We had to hurry our plans along, as sadly my Tio Chema's mother passed away this week, and we needed to go pay our respects, so as soon as the last batch of cookies was out of the oven, we headed to their house.  We enjoyed a few hours of family time with Tia Erica, Grandma & Grandpa, cousin Elvie...and our lot of crazy kiddos.  Issy drove Elvie crazy with her Teen Beach Movie obsession! That girl is nothing if not driven and persistent!!! LOL

We came home and my little chore queen Makaila knocked out some of her chores for the next day
and as a treat we enjoyed some of their fabulous cupcakes!!





(on a side note...I know I haven't mentioned this in any of this weeks post - but I would like to spotlight Makaila  - Who has been on top of her game this week COMPLETELY!! She has made checklist of her chores/ to-do's each night and knocked them out daily going above and beyond my expectations in helping out this week.  I'm talking toilets cleaned, laundry, dishes washed and put away, doing her sisters laundry - wash, dry, fold & put away, organizing closets, sweeping & moping, cooking lunches, and the list goes on.  She has a set of regular chores that she is responsible for (keeping her room clean, their restroom, and the dishes), but this week, I have not had to remind her a single time and she has surpassed my expectations tremendously...so she has earned her allowance plus a hefty tip this week. 
You have to understand this is a big deal.  The way it works in our house is you have a set of chores to do, and if you do them without being told/ reminded constantly you will be compensated for doing those things and being responsible with an allowance.  It has been several months since Makaila has been paid her allowance....I usually have to stay on her to do things and remind her- aka - yell/threaten to get physical before anything actually gets done.  Typical teenager thing...I know!!Well, no longer - Makaila definitely impressed this week!!!  I am a very pleased and proud mommy!!  And if anyone is up for a visit...nows the time...our house is actually clean!!!! :) LOL

We are headed to Dallas this afternoon for our first ever Karate Tournament!!  Makaila, Isabella and I will all be competing.....wish us luck, and check back on Monday for the updates!!  Have a great weekend...we love you!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.