Weekend Rewind

October 28, 2013

I was off this Friday - so I had been in discussion with my neighbor Nina to have a Garage Sale - It was time.  I spent Thursday evening pulling stuff out, borrowing tables and pricing.  I woke up at the crack of dawn Friday morning and went and put signs out all over the neighborhood!  My tables and stuff was all out and ready to sell by 6 am!!!

Nina, Amy (another neighbor) and I stayed out chit chatting and selling until about 1pm.  Friday was pretty successful!  I made about $250 in sales!!



We wrapped up the garage sale and moved everything back into the garage and then headed out for lunch before picking up the kiddos from school!  We ate at Sharky's on the water...it was delicious!  I had the special which was a pan seared tilapia with a spinach and tomato cream sauce and grilled veggies and Sharky's rice...It was AMAZING!!

Not sure why we don't go there more often..I'll definitely be going back!

We let Abby play in the water squirters for awhile and Nina and Brandy got in on some of that action.....until Brandy sat in gum!! LOL



It was fun spending time with my crazy neighbors.  We had some good laughs and even managed a little shopping!

I had to head home though cause it was scrapbooking night!  Margaret, Teresea and Amy came over and Cynthia stopped by to pick up her layouts as well.  I ended up staying up having a few drinks with Amy, Brandy and Ashley!  Isabella went home with Teresea and I went to bed to do the garage sale thing again in the morning!

I had the garage sale again from about 6- 11, and then we boxed up the few things we had left, Danny took me to pick up all the signs and drop off the remaining items at Goodwill!

It was a great turn out over all - I made like $450!!!!!  I was pretty excited. 

After that Makaila, Danny and I headed over to the galleria area for lunch and some light shopping.  We ate a Bennigan's of all places (It was good too).  Then we walked it off at the Galleria for awhile.  I bought a couple things for Issy and a jacket for Makaila.  Then we headed to Ceci's for some pumpkin carving!  We made a pretty expensive pit stop at Costco.  We were supposed to run in for a desert, and over $100 later...we headed to Ceci's (still no pumpkins)! LOL

We stopped at Sellers and bought a couple pumpkins.  Makaila carved a music note pumpkin which turned out super cute!




I fell asleep on the couch - the early rising from the garage sales finally caught up to me and I couldn't keep my eyes open! LOL We left at about 10 and Makaila decided to stay.  I was SUPER TIRED.  Straight to bed for me - although it rained really bad and I was woken up with the thunder and rain at 5 am!!

I fell back asleep and when I woke up at 10 - we had no power.  I showered and then Danny and I headed to church.

Church notes:
Part 8 of Series - Unshakable - Integrity Crisis
* You shall not steal or lie or covet others things
* Integrity means undivided or whole - meaning what you are on the inside and believe in your hear is how you act and live your life. 
* Integrity is the most important quality of leadership
* Every choice you make is an opportunity to loose or maintain integrity
* There is no trust without truth

How to restore your integrity:
1. Make God's values my Values
    * The value of honesty  - you have to decide whats important to you.  Put God first in EVERYTHING
        you do
    * The value of truth  - Speak the truth
    * The value of contentment - do not envy others.  Envy drains you of your passion for life. Envy is resenting God's goodness in someone else's life
2. Integrate my values into my actions
    * Live out what I believe.  Seek God's plan for you.  Align your life values with your daily actions.  Having integrity is when my private life and my public image come together as one. 

After church we headed over to the Rice village and had lunch at Torchy's tacos!!!  It was amazing!  I love their queso! Then we went to Ceci's to pick up Makaila and over to Jamie's to get Issy who was over there carving a pumpkin of her own!  She made a cute spider pumpkin. 

From there we headed home and decided to miss the exit and head over to Willowbrook Mall to get Makaila a pair of shoes.  I told Danny to park on the opposite side of the mall then we should have (cause even though I think I know stuff I am almost always wrong)! So we had to walk through teh entire mall to get where we were going!

We walked through the mall and while Danny and Makaila went to Journey's Issy and I walked into the Disney store.  She took this cute pic with Sully:


They still weren't done so we walked into the Children's Place where Issy picked out a new pair of shoes of her own and a hat.  Then we decided we need retakes with Sully since we had new duds: What do you think:



Super CUTE.........RIGHT?!?!?

We headed home after that and watched tv for awhile.  Danny and I went to Walmart to get a couple things and then showers, prayers and bed time!  Mondays always come faster than we want them too!

Although This Monday I will be attending the Humble Civic Center Marketplace Preview Show with my girlfriend Vicky!  I am pretty excited about that!!  I'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow!

Have a great day! And enjoy a  dessert...it makes all your worries melt away! LOL At least that's what I tell myself! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.