Scary Sparring!

October 23, 2013

Makaila attended a band event last night (they played at the 8th grade football game) - so she did not come with me to taekwondo class!

Boy am I glad she didn't- it was scary!  As soon as I got to class they told me our sparring gear had arrived....I was kinda hoping it would take awhile...I don't know why this makes me so nervous...but it does!

By the time I got all my gear together and on....I was sweating!  I felt like Ralphie's little brother in A Christmas Story - Imobile and a tad panicked!  And as luck would have it the only other person on the mat without a partner was Mr. Mays!!!!  That man is giant!!! He is 6'6" and Lord only knows how much he weights!  The Hendersons were making fun of me asking me to do my cresent kicks over his head...yeah right!!

After a few rounds with him -(luckily he didn't really hit me...he gave me mercy.. despite the Henderson's telling him not to).  I was paired up with someone my size.  It was a black belt my size and I think I did pretty good and held my own.  I scored on her twice so I was pretty happy!

Now please pray for me because Makaila and I will be in class together today and I really REALLY am not looking forward to sparring my own kid!  But as I have been told time and time again - It's gunna happen!!!

Have a great day knowing that this little ninja momma is shaking in her foot gear! LOL

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.