Weekend Rewind

October 14, 2013

Saturday morning was very low key.  Our morning started kinda early; we were at Henderson's ATA by 8:30 (parking gets crazy and we didn't want to have to park in medians or down the road).  We were there in the tournament until about 11 am.  Isabella took 3rds in Forms and 3rd in one-steps for the Junior Division.  Makaila and I competed in the adult division.  She took 2nd on-steps and 3rd in forms.  I won 2nd in forms and 3rd in one-steps!

 


















We were happy with our metals and our state champ points!!  We headed home tired and ready to relax.  The rest of our day was spent lounging around doing much too much of nothing!!!  We watched tv, I finished up some personalized gifts and wrapped another 8 presents, cleaned up a little, ate some pizza, ate some ice cream, and then watched more tv.  We were in bed by 10pm!!

Sunday morning, we woke up a little early and headed to the Early morning service at church.

Church Notes:

A Matter of Life and Death Part 6: Unshakable Series - 10 Truths for a Rock-Solid Life

                                                "You Should not Murder"
1. Choose to honor the sacredness and value of EVERY human life.
            * God created each of us and we each have worth and value.
            * Sin creates guilt (a consequence of sin); Jesus forgiveness is real, accept it. 
2. Choose forgiveness over hatred and bitterness
            * WORDS KILL
            * hatred and bitterness are all murderous
            * Forgive - Christ commands it; and it releases bitterness that eats at us
            * Forgive and leave justice to God
3, Choose to care for the poor and the powerless
            * Compassion is a reaction to seeing hurt

People matter to God.

After our sermon I made a declaration of my commitment to choose life.  It was a declaration written by our pastor that both Makaila and I accepted.  It was this:

I choose Life

I believe with all my heart that 2,000 years ago the sacrifice of one life, Jesus Christ, changed my one life for an eternity.
I believe Christ gave his life for every life; therefore it is impossible to measure the value of one life.
So I declare that as long as there is one life that has never experienced  the love of Christ; as long as there is ...
    * one child without clean water
    * one mother afflicted with aids
    * one family with no shelter
    * one man who is homeless and hungry
    * one teenager who feels hopeless
    * one person who has never heard the gospel
I will do whatever it takes, with whatever I have with my one and only life to help one more person experience Christ's love. 
I refuse to live in a selfish bubble in my own little world by closing my eyes to the hurting and hopeless all around me.
I refuse to come to the end of my life and realize I missed my one and only chance with my one and only life to give my all to the One who gave His life for me.

Now this may sound silly to you - and it may not - but to me is felt real.  It was a reminder that God created me with a purpose.  I'm not exactly sure what that purpose is just yet - but I know it is real.  I don't know if I am going to touch a life and lead a person to Christ through this blog, or through a mission trip to a foreign country or through my children....but I know I will do it!!!  Makes living worth it!!  I am excited to meet my Lord in Heaven one day and I am even more excited knowing that I will do these things and he will be so proud of me!!!

After church, I drove Makaila over to the East side and Danny and her went to the Texans game!!!  She was super excited.  I won a raffle at work earlier in the week and I had two suite tickets to the game!!  She was gitty with excitement!

Isabella and I headed to the Galleria for some mommy and me time!!  She had a Disney store Gift Card that was burning a whole in her pocket!! She made me so proud.  She bought a set of puppets that were in the clearance section for $2.99, a sparkly Rapunzel T-shirt that was marked down to $6, and a Belle doll that was marked down 50% off to $8!!!  The only once things she bought at full price was a Doc McStuffins figurine set - but it was adorable - and she loved it!  She got alot of things for her money - I was so proud of my little bargain shopper!!


 We did some major clearance shopping and waited for Dan and Makaila to call us after the game so we could go eat.  We met them and Tony and Sammy at the Amazon Grill for a late lunch!  It was delicious!!!!


After that Sammy and I went to Express and I bought me an awesome jacket I had been eyeballing (Thank heavens for sisters with coupons), and then picked up dessert at Celebrity Cupcakes!!!  We met the guys and kids at their apartment and spent a good amount of time bargain shopping online for our Vegas trip.  Tickets are purchased and we will be Vegas bound at the end of the month!!!! wohooohooo!!!  EXCITED doesn't even begin to cover it.

Danny took the girls over to his parents to spend the night with Alec since there is no school on Columbus Day, and I headed home, showered and watched an episode of Parenthood!  I just LOVE that show!  If you haven't watched it...I highly highly recommend it!!  GREAT SHOW!!!

After that it was bed time!!  I have been having some really crazy dreams - but I will not even get into that...I think One point of weirdness (Christmas wrapping in October) is enough for one week!!

Have a great Monday and in case you forgot or haven't been told lately....You are smart, important and loved more than the chocolate cupcake at Celebrity....and trust me when I tell you- THAT'S ALOT!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.