Weekend Rewind

April 28, 2014

Friday was my 9/80 Friday - so as usual - I woke up early - took the kids to school and then came home to start my errands for the day.  I loaded the car with Scentsy and went to Sammy's job to deliver the orders from last week.  I stayed there for awhile helping her to set up for a company event that they had going on.

Once i left there I headed over to my old stomping grounds and stopped by Tia Helly's for a visit!  I miss her sometimes!!We visited for about an hour then I wen tot the bank, and then met Danny over at Ernie's.  He was there working on his new work car, so we took a break and went to enjoy an nice lunch date together.

Afterwards, I dropped him back off at Ernie's and headed home.  I again stopped at another bank and made some deposits, ordered new checks and then inquired an the Sapphire credit card.  I did some research and decided that it is the best rewards system card available to me these days - so I ordered new ones for Danny and I to start racking up mileage points and cash back bonuses on our spending (free money is always a plus for our household!!).

I went home and started to clean a bit while I watched the weeks worth of Ellen's and cleared some space on the DVR! LOL  I decided I needed to go to Lowe's to get some specific cleaning supplies that I had been wanting - so Danny drove me over then we picked up the girls from school.

At about 5 Margaret came over and we did our monthly layout for scrap booking.  It was nice to visit and relax with Margaret.  She left early and so the kids and I went outside to visit with the neighbors.

At about 9pm, Danny walked through our door with a request to get our shoes on and load up.  He took us over to Bahama Bucks (a new refreshments place that opened up this week by our house).  The lines when we got there were ridiculous, and yet we stayed and waited.  After a LONG 30 minute wait we got our order and it was 100% worth the wait.  The texture of this stuff is phenomenal!!!  I have no doubt that his place will make it as a new business. Our "snowcones" while expensive at $3 & $4 are a bit pricey...were well worth the wait and the cost!

Saturday morning, I woke up and headed out to the neighborhood garage sales.  Sadly I didn't find much and ended up at my friend Vicky's house chit chatting with her.  I ended up buying a few things from her before heading home to get ready.  On my way home I stopped at one last garage sale before getting home, and boy was that a mistake.  It was a sale in which an extreme couponer was selling new in package products at a fraction of the cost that stores do and I ended up spending $75!!!!  Mind you I bought laundry detergents, razors, toothpastes, floss, car fresheners, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotions, mouthwash, all kinds of great stuff at amazing prices!!!

Finally I got home and showered and got the girls in the showers to get our happy butts to testing.  We were due at the Henderson school by 11:30 to test for our next color belts in Taekwondo!!  Our testing went pretty good, but ran a little late.  By 2:00 we were home and ready to relax.  I let our neighbor Nina know we were ready to watch the kiddos so she could have a date night with her hubby!  Hours went by and no kids or Nina...the girls and I were just in the house being bums! LOL At about 4 I got a call from Nina letting me know that date night was changed and instead her and I would be going on a dinner date with the kiddos! Sounded good to me, so we got ready and headed out.

We went over to Sharkys and had a great dinner.  SJ was a little pissy but eventually that wore off.  The kids played and laughed and then we did a little shopping.  We hit up TJ Maxx but after walking around for about a half hour and putting all kinds of crap in our carts, we walked out empty handed and headed over to Bahama Bucks again!

We had a good time enjoying some desert and then headed home to call it a night!  SJ decided to spend the night and I spent my time downloading new books on the kindle!

The lights were out at our house by 10:30! LOL










By 3 am I had to text Nina to let her know SJ wanted to go home.  He started waking up at 1am, and I would sooth him back to sleep but about every 20 minutes he would cry again.  I thought he was having nightmares, so I just laid down with him, but it didn't work and by 3, I gave up.  Nina came right over for her baby and we all fell back to sleep!

We woke up and got ready for church.  We headed over to the 10am service and it was great.

They introduced our new church pastor and his wife at toays service and they seem like great people!! I'm excited about them.

Pastor Kerry also started a new series called Barriers and Bridges

Church Notes:

Part 1 of Series: Burning Bridges - Destroying Harmful habit patterns and Experiencing Real Change
Barriers - are destructive hurts and habit patterns that are harmful to us and our relationships.
Bridges - Life-giving habit patterns that bring healing and take us to our divine destiny

What do I need restoration from?: Overworking, Anger, Rage, Bitterness, Overeating, Overspending, Fear, Anxiety, Sexual Addiction, Grief, Gambling, Alchohol, Drugs, Guilt, Perfectionism, Eating Disorders, Insecurity, Body Image Issues, Lying, Self Harm, etc. (many of these things apply to me)

8 Principles for Restoration:
1) Blessed are the poor in spirit, for thiers is the kingdom of heaven
2) Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted
3) Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
4) Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled
5) Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy
6) Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God
7) Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God
8) Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

We focused on the first Principle n service:
"Poor in spirit" = Those who humbly admit their brokenness and powerlessness

Restoration Step 1:
I humbly admit my powerlessness to change myself and control everything.  In my brokenness I humbly admit my need for God and others.  

LET GO!!

We try to build a bridge of control but the more we do the bigger our barriers become.  Satan tempts us by having us doubt God's word! Grace is the power to change.

Jesus Christ is our safety net - is we let go of our control - he will catch us and give us the power to change.
I need to have humility and let me brokenness lead me!

"Now you are no longer strangers to God and foreigners to heaven, but you are members for God's very own family, citizens of God's country, and you belong in God's household with every other Christian.  What a foundation you stand on now; the apostles and the prophets; and the cornerstone of the building is Jesus Christ Himself!!  We who believe are carefully joined together with Christ as parts of a beautiful, constantly growing temple for God.  And you also are joined with Him and with each other by the spirit and are part of this dwelling place of God."   Eph 2:19-22

Why try to control other people, or our problems/pains?  The church is our safety net - our point of Grace!!
You need a church family - people around you to encourage  you and who believe in you!!!

After church, the girls and I headed home to relax.  I started a few loads of laundry and got ready.  My friend Vicky and I had plans to go to the movies together.  I hardly get time with my girlfriends so I was pretty excited.  Vicky picked me up in her pimp mommy mini-van and we headed over to the Deerbrook Movie tavern for a brunch time movie.  We watched The Other Woman which was really cute and we shared a great lunch during our movie. We chit chatted and caught up on a few things before I had to get back home.

We took Danny to pick up his car at about 5, and then came straight back home to do nothing! LOL
The kids watched tv, while I did some laundry and then they went outside to play for awhile.  We picked up Little Ceasers for dinner and then made some smores with Amy and Abby!  The girls watched the Radio Disney Music Awards and by 9:00 we were all showered and ready for bed!

It wasn't an eventful weekend but it was nice and I am one lucky woman to be surrounded by a hard working man, two beautiful healthy girls, neighbors and friends that I love like family and all our needs met!

I can't complain!

This upcoming week seems like it will be a tad busy.  We have rank graduation ceremony on Monday night, Makaila has youth night at church on Wed, Tutoring on Tuesday, a Band event on Saturday, and my dad's birthday is coming up!

Have a great week!! Love you!!






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.