Pray Please

April 16, 2014

Ok - so last week I told you about Makaila's little friend Lindsey.  She was going through a rough time at home and school and Makaila was really worried for her.

I had a rodeo meeting afterwork (a wrap up kinda meeting), so I got home a little late.  As soon as I walked in Makaila begins to tell me about her day at school.
Her friend Lindsey passed out three separate times at school.  Makaila was with her each time and the first time she says she begged her to go to the nurse, but Lindsey convinced her against it and they went to class.  It happened two more times in their class before Makaila finally told a teacher and Lindsey went to the nurse.  ( I of course stopped her mid stories to explain to her that this is a major medical emergency and if it ever happened again - she should get a teacher or the nurse involved immediately - no matter what her friends say).

Lindsey ended up sitting in the nurses office waiting for a ride home for the next few hours!  I was pissed.  Why didn't they send her to a hospital?!?!?  Why didn't her parents come to get her.  Apparently, her mom (who I do not know - this is all based on what Makaila is telling me- started a new job and could not risk loosing it by leaving - so she waited.  Makes me so grateful for the understanding and family oriented job I have - and also just a little pissy that a person could choose a job over the health of their child - you found that one and you can find another one!!)

Anyhow - by the time I made it home Lindsey was in the hospital being looked at and tested, and had at this point already passed out 6 times throughout the day!

I don't know if this girl was eating outside of the school lunches, or if things are really as bad for her as Makaila has painted them to be...but I do know that my heart aches for her.  I wish in this moment that I could go to the hospital and sit with her and hold her hand and tell her that she isn't alone and that I care for her.  I wanted to send her parents home and let them worry about their jobs and I would stay there with there daughter for them.  I know this sounds absurd...but If I could go and do it without offending them or getting her into trouble I would do it in a heartbeat!!

Instead I am lying in bed worrying myself sick just thinking about her and praying that she is okay.  Praying that God cover him in his armor of health and surround her with his army of angels.  I pray that she is diagnosed and cured.  I pray that her parents will show her the love I so badly want her to feel.  I pray that my own little baby Makaila is a good friend to her.  I pray that Lindsey get better and find happiness and value in herself!

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is power in prayer and that God's word says "where two or more are gathered in prayer - I am there".  Pray with me.  Lift Lindsey up in prayer and ask God to heal her both emotionally and physically.  We don't have to know her personally for us to pray for her - so please join me in prayer for this young girl who I can't stop thinking about and worrying for.  Thanks!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.