Easter Weekend Rewind

April 20, 2014


Friday I came to work and the office was dead.  We were having issues with our phones and our server kept going out, the internet was not working...it was the pits!!

I was doing most of my work and e-mail correspondence from my phone.  I left to lunch to go check on some stuff I still needed for Makaila's Easter Basket - and had no luck.  I ended up meeting Danny and Isabella at Van Loc for lunch and it was super yummy! 

After lunch I called it a day and decided that I would work from my phone for the rest of my day adn check my emails because the office was still having issues.  

I went to my sisters job (Sam sold some Scentsy stuff for me this week - so I needed to come square away her ordered and get that party closed and submitted).  I spent some time there selling a few more things and totaling orders out and all that good stuff.  She did way more than I thought she would.  She ended up having $500 in sales!! She earned over $75 in free Scentsy product and then also was eligible for 3 half price items!! 

One I finished up there I headed over to Poparazzi Popcorn to pick up an order for the shower and then headed to Ernie and Sarah's to start the party set up.  We worked on putting up the party tents, tables and chairs, setting up the dessert tables, the entry signs, the banners, the chain links, the parting bags, the chicken cooked and shredded, and just about anything we can leave done for tomorrow. We wrapped up there at about 9:30 and I headed home.  Makaila had a baby sitting gig with the Tolley boys so I was needing to get home to check up on them and make sure everything was going ok.  She was getting done when I got home, and begging to go to Ceci's because she worked a deal with Victoria to have her take Alec and her to the Galleria in the Morning to see this blogger she is obsessed with Bethany Mota.

Her daddy took her over there and I went to bed! I was tired!!

In the morning I woke up the clean up a bit, then made some cookies for the shower....they turned out super cute!


Once the cookies were done, I took Isabella to her karate class.  She received her second stripe!! Woohoooo!!!

We packed up our stuff and headed back over to Ernie's to decorate.  We put up all the party decor, adn set up the tables and started cutting up veggies, and at 2 I finally headed home to get ready!!

Everything looked great 




 The party went well, but I was a little pissy about Karena's behavior and blatant disrespect...but I should have expected it. She even made a snarky comment about what I was wearing - I guess she didn't like it - but Makaila disagreed and thought I looked cute enough to take a picture with her.  LOL (Thisis a rarity - cause most of the time I am just not cool enough or just plain embarrasing!)

I ended up leaving in the evening and going to buy the last of what I needed for my girls Easter baskets.

They are fully aware of the fact that there is no Easter Bunny.  Mommy and Daddy give them baskets - but the real reason we celebrate Easter is because of his resurrection!  I stopped at a few stores and then headed home to make baskets.

I ended up with way more stuff for their baskets than I thought I had.  I try to give them all the things they need...like summer clothes, undies, socks, practical things.

I stuffed both of their baskets and then proceeded to make candy filled bunnies for the kids for Easter Sunday.  Later at about 9:30 Danny called to tell me he had a few drinks and wanted me to come pick him up and be safe.  I love that he is man enough to do that and so I loaded my happy butt up in sweats and a  t-shirt to go get him.  He had a cousin in from Mexico that they were hanging out and drinking with so we ended up hanging out together until 2 am.  His cousin Tabo has a grandaughter who is freakin adorable.  I wanted to keep her!!!





We had a good time and then came home to get a couple hours of sleep until church service.
In the morning I woke up and we all got ready for church.  It was a nice service.

Church Notes:

* Let go of your guilt - Easter is a time to celebrate forgiveness.
* When Jesus died on the cross - eh shed his blood for our sins and it became a river of forgiveness.
* Sometimes, things don't turn out as planned - bridges can have a weak structure and crumble.
* We have all experienced a broken dream or relationship - but Easter is a bridge of restoration.  Things can get better.
* If your looking out and only see a barrier - then know that Jesus rose again and that barrier can change.
* God can take your biggest barriers and make them a bridge.  He can transform your heartache to healing!
Take your pain and make it your purpose.
* Stop trying to save yourself through religion and instead focus on relationship.  Open your heart to God.  Accept his forgiveness, his love and his grace!!!

Jesus is the resurrection! He is the life!!!  Do not fear death - fear a wasted life!!!

After church we took Issy over to the wooded area in front of our church for the Egg Hunt.  We ran into Misty and Cole and they hunted for eggs together.  They looked adorable!  (Just like Makaila and Cory did when they were that little)  We got some great pics of them before heading home!  Issy filled her basket and two more bags with eggs!!! It was most definitely a Texas Sized Egg Hunt!!









Once we finished up with the egg hunt at church we headed home to the girls baskets.  They opened everything up and both were pretty pleased!!




 We went to Cracker Barrel for a family brunch and stuffed our faces!  It was delicious.  Then we came home to load up and head back over to Ernie and Sarah's to enjoy the beautiful weather.

We had nothing planned but to come back over and tear down and clean up form the party - but it ended up being a fantastic day.  We played with the kids, the adults and youngins played a long game of kick ball, we made an impromptu egg hunt and everyone had a great time.













 If you can't tell the younings got smoked by the old guys!! LOL  But don't worry - they old guys were hurting that night!! LOL 




Once it got dark, we all worked together to tear down tents and put up tables and clean up and then headed home.  We got showered and the kids went to bed.  I on the other hand stayed up to pack...I am flying out to Georgia for the week for work! LOL  Nothing like some last minute packing at 11 pm when you have to be at the airport by 6am! LOL

Have a great week!! Love ya!!!!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.