Weekday Family Date

April 30, 2014

Yesterday after work, I got home and realized that it would be Danny's only day off this week, so instead of the normal routine of scrambling to karate classes and dinner and back to class and them home to clean and check homework, etc we would change it up a bit.

We loaded up into Danny's new "work car" and went out to dinner at Chuy's.  We each ate really well adn then headed over to Kingwood to Kroger to pick up some candy and then to the ShowBiz Movie Theater to enjoy a movie together as a family!

WHAT - the movies - during the week - as a family - this has literally NEVER happened!!!!

I'm telling you - our lives have had so many changes and so many prayers of mine have been answered in ways that I am just in awe!!

If you know me - then you know I LOVE the movies - my better half however HATES them!!! Getting Danny to the movies is about as easy as getting a (something really difficult done - I can't think of anything right now - but when it comes to me I'll update! LOL).  Either way - you get the point!

He has come full circle in so many ways - I am speechless.  He has become the man I have prayed for and over and above, and beyond what even my wildest prayers could have held.  To say he is trying is an understatement and I couldn't be happier!

There was a time in our lives where I was uncertain of our marriage (who doesn't have those days), but mine were really often and one of my biggest concerns was that as parents and husband and wife we were not setting the examples we should for our girls.  I wanted Danny to be the kinda man Makaila sought for herself.  Someone who would be a leader, a hardworker, a person who loved and respected his partner and showed love and affection without boundaries.  He is that man and so much more. (I need to work on myself) I promise you - there is power in prayer.

Anywho - we headed to the movies to see Heaven is for Real.  It was nice and sentimental to me because of the simple fact that we were going to the movies together as a family (which was a nice surprise), but also because this movie was based on a book that Danny and I read together.  (By that I mean that I read it and started to read it out loud to him and he listened to it and enjoyed it.)  It was the first "Christian" book or thing that Danny and I embraced together as a couple!  He even encouraged Makaila to read it after we did, and this past Easter we bought a copy of the book in Spanish for his mom.

The movie was good - and he may have been being silly and trying to make fun of us - but I thought it was cute.  Danny pulled out napkins from his pockets during the movie to hand to me and Makaila cause of course we were crying! LOL

We went home and showered and got in bed.  Once again - I am updating this blog feeling God's blessings in abundance!! Amidst all the turmoil in the world and the chaos around - God is pouring blessing upon my little family in so many ways and I am oh so grateful.  For our health, our happiness and whatever tomorrow brings.

Hope the rest of your week is great - and if you have some time - go to the movies and enjoy life! (I just realized I have been to the movies twice in one week!! Watch out!!) LOL




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.