Weekend Rewind

April 14, 2014

WOW - What a weekend.  It felt crazy, and hectic, and exciting and just fantastic.  There were so many things about this weekend that I just loved!!!

Friday afternoon my little sister Samantha, the girls and I headed to Dallas.  We picked up my parents (they finally decided to go see us do our karate thing).  We were just a tad scrunched up...especially in the back seat. LOL

We drove out to McKinney and got there at about 7:40.  We went straight to the convention center to watch the black belt competitions.  We missed most of Ms. Aggen's stuff so we didn't stay long.  We were all pretty hungry!  We loaded up and had dinner at BW 3's.  It was great.  We all over ate! LOL

After dinner we headed over to the hotel and got settled in for bed.  We laughed and laughed at my parents.  They were being silly and talking loads of crap! LOL

My dad told the girls if they didn't win he would beat them up! LOL  My mom was talking all kinds of crap and cursing us out so of course Sam and I laughed to the point of coming real close to peeing in our pants! LOL

Finally we shut everything off and got a little sleep.  By 6 am we were all up and showering and getting ready.  We headed to the tournament and did our tournament thing.  Which consists of watching other people compete until our rings are called which can take forever!!!

We took pictures and cheered others on.  My mom got all worked up over one kid getting disqualified (which was funny - she gets so into it).  At about 11 Issy's ring was called.  She was done with forms, when Makaila's ring got called.  So once again the girls were competing at the same time and luckily their rings were right across from one another, so we were able to go back and forth between them. 

Isabella placed 3rd in forms and sparring.  Makaila got 2nd in forms and sparring.  They did great. 













 Once the girls were done Sam took them to get a bite to eat while my dad and I waited for my ring to be called.  Finally at about 2pm, they called for my ring and it went well.  I placed 3rd in forms and 1st in sparring!  Overall a great tournament. 



After the tournament we headed to Dallas to visit Tia Licha and Tio Evelio.  We had a quick lunch with them and then I took my dad and the girls to see my grandpa (my dad's dad).  Now let me just tell you - we don't see that side of the family very often.  I think the last time I actually sat down to visit with my grandpa was 6 years ago when Issy was a newborn.  There is alot of bitterness amongst the Salas part of our family that I feel better just staying away from.  It's kinda sad really - because my girls don't really know their family history and they should. 

Anyway - back to my visit.  It was great.  We got to my aunt Vicky's house and we ended up sitting outside with my grandpa for a couple hours.  We talked about his past, his marriage to my grandma, how things were when he was growing up, etc.  My dad learned a few things he never knew and my kids and I learned about our family in a great great way.  We took some great pictures too.  My cousin Antonio came by to talk to us too.  Before we left I told my aunt Vicky about Makaila's 15, and told her I hope she can make it.  Considering that she refused to come outside to talk to us, I doubt she will make it, but we will see about that next year.

I got some good just visiting pics and also some pictures of my grandpa when he was younger, one of his dad (my great grandpa who I never met), and I took a picture of his wallet too cause it was so cute to me that he had a little prayer sticker in there and a picture of him and my grandma...isn't that adorable!!!














We said our goodbyes and then headed over to my cousin Elvie's house.  We have never been to this house of hers and she is super crafty (way more creative than me and quit inspirational), so I was excited to check it out and visit with them. 

We got there and the guys barbecued while the women sat inside and visited.  We ate and played loteria for hours.  We laughed so much!  It was a fun time and exactly how I wanted to spend our evening. 






After we all got ready for bed Elvie and I stayed up talking crafts and sharing ideas until about 2 in the morning!! I was in heaven! LOL  It doesn't take much to get me excited.  We decided on some definite ideas for centerpieces for Makailas 15.

In the morning we all got ready and I took pictures of the house.  It was so lovely.  Elvie is the refurbishing queen.  She buys items and then paints them and restores them and decorates her house, it was so cute and stylish!! I loved it.





We left to Dallas and stopped by her party store to check a few things out.  But on our way there my dad was feeling reminiscent (I think visiting his dad and talking to him the way we did triggered it- I'm not sure) but whatever the reason - he took us by the first duplex apartment he lived in growing up, and by the place he got his first job.  It was really cute. 




We got to Elvie's party store and Isabella was in awe.  She kept yelling "look at this, Mom - look over here, look, look."

We spent a little time there looking at things and saying our farewells (with plans on returning in a few weeks to get our craft on!!!!).








Isabella wasn't the only one feeling excited!  I was loving every second of it.  I wish I had all these crafts and things to surround myself with daily!!!!

It was rainy and cold as we headed out so we all decided to stop at Denny's and get some breakfast! We filled our bellies and then kept going.  We stopped in Corsicana to make a pit stop at the Russel Stover Candy Factory.  We bought more than we should have of course - but oh well. 

We got to my parents and visited quickly before heading out to get home.  The day seemed to have flown by!






That last picture  - makes my heart swell.  While I may not have had a close relationship with my grandparents - my girls love their grand parents.  We said Goodbye and Isabella ran into her Popo's arms to hug him goodbye.  I love that!!  I love that my parents play with the girls and kid around and love them the way they do.  I love that moments like the one in that picture is what my girls know as normal!!

We headed home (but not before seeing the newest member of our family Perla.  LOL  My parents cow Lucy gave birth and so as my mom likes to say - we have a new sister! LOL- These old folks and their animals are a hoot!)


We caught some traffic right past Huntsville, and didn't make it home until almost 7pm.

Now let me just tell you that to this point my weekend was fantastic.  I had no complaints and surely didn't expect what came next.  It got even better!!!!

I got home and unloaded and got to talking to Danny and let me just say that once again I found God answering prayers that I wasn't even bold enough to ask for. Danny's trip to San Antonio was only a one day trip - so he was home by Saturday afternoon.  We spoke a few times, but mainly when he called the girls would answer and I didn't get a chance to talk to him much. 

I was walking into our kitchen when Danny says to me - "Here the notes from today's service.  I took what I could, and then I don't know if you've signed up for the Easter service but they asked for people to do that and also a prayer service is going on there on Tuesday in case you want to call and volunteer for that too.  Oh and I gave the money I had in cash from the hotel to pay our tithe." 

I was speechless.  I didn't make a big deal, because I didn't want to make Danny uncomfortable or put him on the spot - but I swear to you I wanted to cry from how excited I was at this.  To know that Danny went to church on his own and took notes for me and paid our tithe is something I never in a million years thought would happen.  It wasn't too long ago that I was still praying for him to even come to church with us on occasion.  

Church notes for this week are as follows:

My Life Picture : #Selfie
1. Focus on Humility  - are you doing things for an earthly reward or for your heavenly reward?
2. Focus on people - every decision you make is either selfishness or selflessness
3. Focus on Service - don't miss the little moments that make a lifetime.

Choose to love others the way God loves us. 

Remember always that our kids are taking snapshots of our lives.....we need to be aware of that and live accordingly. 

Overall - we had a fantastic weekend.  I wouldn't change a thing!!!
I am feeling utterly blessed and looking forward to a great week.  Remember to show your kids you love them and to pray - he is always listening and this weekend is proof that your prayers are heard and answered. 

I love you more than Chocolate Cake!!!  (I love chocolate cake1)

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.