Cook Off Weekened

March 3, 2014

Thursday when I got home from Florida, I was in a funk.  You ladies know that sometimes you get in those and while they are unexplainable - they are oh so real!

I was feeling tired and cranky and when I got home - I was fired up.  There was crap everywhere - you would have thought I had gone missing for about a year and the house underwent a massive tornado!
There was a sink full of dishes, clothes all over all the couches, shoes scattered in the livingroom, towels on the floor in the restrooms, clothes scattered all over the girls rooms, and the music room....just a hot mess.

So naturally - what do I do?  I go off and get into robo cop mode, and everyone in sight gets a little of my rath!  Lucky for Danny he took off to cook-off before I made it home, so he just got a piece of it when he so kindly called to share a joke , to which I bit his head off.  Even my friend Nina came over to see how the trip went and she didn't stay long cause it was obvious that I was in bitch mode and she didn't want any of that. 

The girls and I spent the next couple hours cleaning house! It was so much fun! LOL
Sadly - that didn't make me feel any better....I fell asleep on the couch waiting for Danny to get home.  When he got home later that night I was still feeling funky.  I went to bed feeling so frustrated.  I woke up the next morning - feeling no better.  Just bitchy and cranky and mad!  Sadly - I couldn't shake it. 

I got the girls off to school on Friday morning but not before getting some adorable pics of our little own Go Texan cowgirl. 





I came home and started to do laundry while I watched some episodes of Michael & Kelly and Ellen.  I started to think about what I would wear to cook-off that night and once again - my funk was emphasized.  I was pissy and cranky cuase I knew I had to go to rodeo and I didn't have anything to wear!  (Yes I have  a closet that is over filled with way too much clothes, and yes I do laundry way too often, but knowing this I still had nothing to wear.)

See here is the problem.  I am not a very large woman, and tall (yeah right).  The problem is that while I work out regularly and partake in karate regulary, I eat like crap!  I love food.  I love to eat, and not just eat, but EAT!  I have no portion control, no self-control, and a sad sad weakness for sweets! 

A result of that problem is that I am not skiny.  Not by any means.  I am a rather voluptious 4'11'' beauty! LOL
By that I mean that my I keep growing and my clothes is not following suit. I am not so much one of those people obsessed with tags or sizes (I am confident in knowing that no one is going to know if the tag inside my shirt reads XS or Large....so I could care less).  The problem is that while I have continued to grow since last rodeo, I have purchase many a pants that fit my current size well, none of those are "Rodeo ready - bootcut styled" jeans with ass bling - which is my rodeo attire of prefference.  To be honest - all the jeans I have been wearing comfortably are skinny jeans (cause I too want to look cool and fashionable or at least make an attempt at following the trends).  Problem is I am not a big fan of the pants tucked in the boots kinda look.  I like it just fine on those skinny young girls who look all cute and thin....but something about my thirty something large self who does not fall into the thin category or the tall category just doesn't pull that look together.   So my two days of pissyness turned out to be a result of not feeling comfortable wearing anything in my closet to rodeo!

Now some of you might think - its rodeo, who cares, or its cook- off no big deal.  But it is a big deal.  I am the captain of a rodeo committee, and I am required to wear boots, jeans and a button up shirt to each one of my shifts.  And Danny and I really really enjoy rodeo.  We go to SEVERAL concerts each rodeo season, and to be honest, we have been known to rodeo (even if its just for dinner), almost daily durring rodeo season.  What can I say - we are die hards.  we live for the Houston Rodeo! It is a passion and a tradition for us. 

Anyway - back to my point - I was feeling funky and pissy and now I knew why.  I needed something to wear.  Now while I love to shop, I have been on a sort of hiatus lately.  Trying to avoid stores or unnecessary spending if I can.  So I was not really wanting to go to the stores and shop and spend money I didn't have to spend.  I decided that I couldn't go to the thrift store (becuase I have no self control in that place and I knew I would want to spend the $50 max to be able to get 50% off on Sunday - and well I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  Instead I headed to Dillard's with the intention of buying a shirt I could wear loose and flowy like with leggings and be cute and comfortable. I tried a couple things on and sent pics to Danny to see what he thought.  I didn't hear back from him, so I called instead.  I told him where I was and that they had an extra 40% off to which he replies - "Pic didn't come through but I want to go, so come back and pick me up and I'll go to Dillard's with you."  (I swear sometimes I just fall in love with this guy all over again)

We went to lunch first, and then headed to Dillard's.  We both got a few things that were totally unncessary, but made us happy, and met Brenda at Boot Barn for more browsing, adn then Cavender;s, and then we headed home and got rodeo ready.  The girls went to Ceci's for the evening, and we haedaed to cook- off.  We had a great time.  We hung out with old friends and laughed and drank, and had a blast.  So much fun, that I don't remember getting home! Sad but true - I had a tad too much to drink and I'm not a big drinker, so I was passed out the whole ride home and then some! LOL






Saturday Morning was a whirlwind.  I woke up early, and the girls and I got ready.  We were testing for new karate belts that morning!  Luckily, our testing was at 11:30, so we didn't have to wake up early.  Also - God loves me cause I woke up feeling just fine (I should have felt like crap - but I was prefectly ok). 

The girls and I tested for our belts and while we were still in testing Danny met his sisters and mom at the movies to watch Son of God.  The girls and I were running late, but he saved us seats and we made it about 15 minutes into the movie.  It was a great movie! I loved it.  I loved watching it as a family.  I loved that Danny invited his family to join us.  I love that we have come so far in our faith and family that we were spending a Saturday afternoon at the movies watching a movie about the story of Jesus.   I mean - if you would have told me this would happen last year, I would probably have laughed in your face and said you were delirious...but here we are!  I couldn't be more happy about this!!!!

After the movie, we walked in the mall for a few minutes then headed home.  Ceci took the girls with her again, so they could go to Sergio's to celebrate the twins birthday.  Danny and I got ready and headed to cook-off once again. 

We got to cook-off at about 6, and we ate and started to drink.  I learned my lesson and since in all honesty I don't really need to drink to have fun or dance...I decided I would be the Designated driver and had only one drink, then opted for water the rest of the night.  We spent the evening with friends and family dancing, and lauging and cutting up having a good time. 




We danced so much and had so much fun.  After cook-off we ran into some old friends Chris and Christy and headed out to have a late dinner with them at Dots diner! LOL We are full of class folks! Nothing like some good ole diner food after a night full of sweaty dancing!

We made it home at about 1am, and went to bed.  No surprise that we didn't wake up in time for church on Sunday morning! While I got ready for my rodeo walk-thru's Danny watched Pastor Kerry on tv (which is so freakin cute to me...I love his enthusiasm for this church and his thirst for it.....I swear nothing makes that man sexier to me than watching him with his kids be an amazing daddy or seeing his faith shine through).

I got ready thinking I was on my own cuase I had to be there at noon, but Danny didn't have his walk-thru until 4pm.  But to my surprise, he said he would go with me and hang out! (Man I love this guy)

We were at Reliant all day! I helped with walk-thru's all morning and Danny drove around shopping and doing I don't know what.  At 3 he came back to the lot and helped me with sign in and passing things out.  We did our walk thru and the cold front came in right towards the end of it.  We wrapped things up and then headed out to get our girls.  Makaila was at Sergio's and Issy was at Ceci's.  Opposite ends of Houston! LOL.  We made the rounds getting our girls nad then had dinner at Iguana Joe's.  I was so tired! We made it home and got straight into bed!

It was an action packed weekend for us and the start of Rodeo Season which in our house is a tad hectic..but it was fun and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  I am so happy to be in this part of my life...the ages of ours kids is pretty easy, the support and love of our family is uncomparable, our faith is strong, our relationship is growing and developing in ways I couldn't have predicted....I am truly and utterly a blessed woman!

I hope you have a great week - and go to the Rodeo!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.