Momma blues

March 19, 2014

To say that Isabella is in misery is an understatement.  She is grounded from watching tv, using the i-pad, the i-phone for games, going outside to play...basically everything her days usually consist of. 

She had a melt down on Wednesday afterschool when she turned on the tv, and it was immediately turned off.  She went to the i-pad only to get it taken away and then felt frustrated when her only options were to sit at the table reading books, or clean the toilets(I didn't realize how effective this grounding things works). 

The wailing got worse when she realized Frozen was out on DVD and she couldn't have it.  Then even higher when she was told it was Florida Georgia Line night at Rodeo and she would not be going (this was the concert she had picked to go - and because of her behavior - it was not going to happen). 

She decided to write letters of apology (a choice she made on her own which I am proud of looking back on that choice).  She wrote a letter to both Brandi and Kylie about her behavior.



I took the letters over to Mrs. Brandi and then had a little momma melt down.   I swear as a mom - I was feeling pretty crappy.  I do not want my child to be a bully.  I do not know where she sees this, or why she keeps hitting folks.  I take my kids to church every Sunday, I pray with them each night, I try to teach them morals and respect and then things like this happen and I feel so much like a failure. I feel embarrased and just plain disappointed. 

Brandi gave me a much needed hug, and then even sent me some inspirational messages to my e-mail today - which I am so grateful for.  She told me that I was a great mom and that I have wonderful kids, and I am doing things right - sometime our kids just test us.  I needed to hear that so badly!

I prayed about it again and so clearly heard God tell me - " Be Patient and Lead by Example".  I had a "friend" named Mrs. Guillory who not so long ago told me that while I seek for Danny to be a role model for our kids and to show them what they should seek in their future husband - that I to need to be an example for my girls and teach them what I want them to be.  She suggested I stop cursing so freely, and to be fully aware of my behavior and reactions with the girls - so that in turn I am not a hypocrite in what I try to teach them.  Talk about a real eye opener.  No one likes to hear the truth - myself included. 

Isabella's behavior this week was most definately an eye opener to that.  I need to be a better role model for my kids, and control my temper, and learn to bite my toungue. 

Help me - pray for me to be the mother that God has called me to be to our two girls.  Pray that God stand strong in me, in my words and in my actions. 

God's word says that where two or more are gather in prayer he is there - please include me in your prayers because I know God answers prayers...and I need all the prayer I can get. 






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.