Weekend Rewind

March 24, 2014

This weekend was horrible. 

Friday I had to leave work a little early to take care of my sister.  She had a surgery done, and thought her friend was going to take care of her and instead her friend bailed.  I went to her house and helped her for awhile and then my other sister came to watch her and help her.  Our old neighbor Gracie came to help too.  Erica thought that she would be fine and wouldn't need help - but she was wrong. 

I got home late Friday evening, and Danny told me his dad was in the hospital in Mexico with some uncontrollable bleeding!  I was heartbroken for Danny, and angry that he was so far away and we couldn't do anything, or see him or go to him (neither of us have passports).

I also got a call from my mom that my cousin Juanito's daughter Evelyn (who was only 6 years old) finally lost her battle to Leukemia and had passed away.  She had been fighting with cancer for a little over a year and I only went to see her once in the hospital. 

That visit almost a year ago - haunted me.  To see a poor little girl (Issy's age) go through that tore me up inside.  I cannot begin to imagine the strength and pain both my cousin and his wife endured watching their little princess go through this for so long.  I was so sad to hear that she was gone.  We aren't really close, but he is my cousin, and seeing anyone loose a child is just heartbreaking. 

That night - Danny got calls about every 3 hours giving us updates about his dad.  Through the night they admitted him to ICU, did an endoscopy procedure found the origin of the bleeding, repaired it and stabilized him. It was a sleepless night.  By 5:30 we were up and going (it was our last rodeo shift).  Danny, the girls and I all took off to rodeo (tired as all get out) and it was a very busy day.  Teresea came and took Issy to walk around and do fun stuff while we worked and Makaila sat in the office with my sister Nancy.

About lunch time, Brenda told me that her and Danny's cousin Ramon was in the hospital as well and things did not look good.  He was having kidney failure as a result of his diabetes and he probably wouldn't make it. 

Well - when it rains - it pours. My parents came into town this afternoon to help take care of my sister.  Also - her friend Gracie was a real trooper and stayed with her almost the entire weekend waiting on her hand and foot. 

During our last rodeo shift - my Assistant Captains presented me with a  parting gift (since this is my last year as Captain of our team).  They gave me a beautiful hat - for which I am so so grateful. 


With all that was going on and having the kids with us at rodeo - we decided not to stay and celebrate our last shift - but rather go home and get some updates on Danny's dad and try to rest up.  We ordered Chinese for dinner and I think the entire house was knocked out asleep by 9:30 that night.

Sunday morning I started some laundry and then at 9:45 headed to church to greet (I haven't done this in a few weeks, and I really needed to do it - my heart needed all the Jesus  (in the form of praise and worship)it could get). 

Church Notes:
Part 3 of series: Killing Karma - Replacing a Life of Guilt with a Life of Grace

* the real giving tree is knowing and accepting that God sent Jesus to die for you
* Grace is a product of Love
* Love is a choice - that produces strong feelings.
* Jesus made that choice to pay for our sins
* Live in joy instead of shame
* We need to come to an understanding that we are loved.  We are forgiven and the price of our sins has been paid and the consequence removed. 
* Love Risks rejection
* Focus on the audience of one
* Love will go to any length to show you that you are worthy
* He was wounded so we could be healed

After church we headed back to the rodeo to the closing bbq.  The food was horrible, and we still had no update on my father in law and my mood was rather crappy - then the lady serving the food threw sausage on my plate that fell off onto my new shirt and stained it so that didn't help my mood much.

I had to snap myself out of that funk.  Danny and the girls and I headed into the center.  Then Issy left with Teresea to hit up the carnival one last time.  We did a little last minute rodeo shopping and then headed into the stadium to see the Rodeo Finale and watch our last concert for Rodeo 2014. 

My sister Sam had some seats in the club level, so we enjoyed the last show comfortably.  I sat with her to enjoy Zach Brown band which put on a great show.

















We left before the show ended to stop by my sisters house to check on her.  My parents were there and I don't know if it was the wake up call of Danny's dad getting sick and us not being able to be with him or the passing of my cousins baby girl, or the passing of Danny's cousin Ramon (Which ended up passing away on Saturday night), but I just needed so badly to see my mommy and daddy and give them a big hug!

We didn't stay long at Erica's cause the kids had school and it was already getting late but I saw my sister and my parents and I left with a much happier heart!

I took some silly pics with my old folks too. 











I love these two silly old farts more than words can say!  They make me laugh and cry and scream and I fear the days I will not have them here with me.  If your parents are still with you - enjoy time with them - make memories with them!!!!

I hope you have a great week and please keep my families both Limon and Perrett (my moms side of the family) in your prayers as they will each be burying a loved one this coming week.  Also - pray for my father-in-law to get better soon so we can get him home to us. 
And pray for Danny too, that God will give him peace of mind, and fill him with faith and trust in the Lord.  Pray for him to find a good job soon that will help to relieve the frustrations and physical weight of his current job!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.