Florida Travels

February 28, 2014

I was in Florida this week for work.  I left on Tuesday morning after taking the girls to school and cleaning the house a tad, and kissing my mate goodbye!

I made it to the airport about 2 hours early and got a call from my boss to meet him in the United Club.  After I went through all the gates and checks and fun stuff I headed to the United Club and settled in. 

Are you a United club member? Fancy! They get nice plush chairs, tv's, drinks, snacks, newspapers from EVERYWHERE, magazines, etc.  It is the "extra special" waiting room! We waited there until our flight was called, and then headed into the line for our flight. 

I am a big plane sleeper...so minutes after take-off I was out.  Woke up a couple hours later in Orlando.  LOL  We headed to our hotel and checked in and relaxed for a bit.  It was already late afternoon, so I checked some e-mails, sent out a few responses, and then we headed to dinner at about 6pm.  I was starving because I hadn't eaten a meal all day! (Lucky for me we were staying at the Doubletree and their cookies held me over) We went to Bonefish and my dinner was awesome!  (I didn't take pics cause I was trying to be semi- normal in front of my boss! LOL).  I had a grilled Tilapia, some crab cakes, steamed green beans and pilaf rice.  YUMMY (I love food - don't judge me)!!

After dinner we headed back to the hotel, I called my lovelies back home, and then fell asleep watching crap tv. 

The next morning I had to wake up early because we were headed to our Tampa office at 5:45am.  I don't drink coffee...but I kinda wish I had.  It took alot out of me to stay awake on the drive there!

I met my new employee Josh.  It was rather interesting.  Not at all what I expected.  I also met several other people that I work with regularly on certain things.  It was nice to put a face to the names!  We stayed in Tampa and worked and toured the new berths and all that fun stuff until about 3, then headed back.  I had lunch at this great little hole in the wall Argentinian place that was fabulous!! I would love to take Danny there....he would love it. 





It rained the entire way back to Orlando, and so our plans to go to Disneyworld went out the window!  I was really looking forward to that, so instead we went to the movies!  Jim and I watched Lone Survivor and it was fantastic.  I had to will myself not to cry (cause who wants to be a blubbering idiot in front of their boss! ). 

We headed back to the hotel and worked online for about an hour then headed out to dinner.  We had Carraba's and let me tell you - the portions were ridiculous giant.  I only ate half my food....it was great but way too big! I was tired - so we headed back to the hotel - I showered and got ready for bed.  I called Danny to wish him goodnight and he told me about his day. 

Apparently, since the girls spent the night with our neighbor Nina on Tuesday night, the other neighbor kids were a tad upset and so Isabella got into a fist fight at YMCA with our neighbor Nathan over her sleepover.  Danny had to get down and sign a paper saying he was briefed on the situation.  It said "Isabella was playing in a violent fashion and using her fists to explain herself with another student." Now let me just say, not my proudest parent moment - but how can you not laugh at that!  Kids are freakin ridiculous sometimes. 

Nina if you are reading this - then know that your house and the sleepovers within are a hot commodity on the Point!!!  Kids are "violently playing" for their chance at the next one! LOL

The next morning we slept in and at about 9, we headed over to our Orlando office to meet a few people and have a few meetings.  I was very impressed with their organization and friendliness!

Overall it was a good trip.  I got some work things accomplished, Danny handled everything at home, and I am back safe and sound.  Rodeo kicks off this weekend - so let's see how that adventure pans out!!

Have a good weekend!!!

1 comment

  1. Isabella getting in a fist fight just made me giggle! She's not going to take anything from anyone!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.