Traumatic Tuesday

March 19, 2014

Ok - yesterday started like a normal day.  No big deal.  I came home from work, Danny left to work - I started making dinner - the girls were playing outside while I made dinner.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  First malfunction - Issy decided to show me her weekly folder which had two conduct marks - because she was written up for talking in class and off task behavior.  No big deal right! Well - actually it is - because they are given three warning to stop their "issue" before it is documented in her folder...so obviously Miss Issy was just doing whatever she wanted in class! So I got on to her and left it at that. 

She went back out to play after she ate dinner and came in at about 7 to take a shower.  I should have known something was up when she came in on her own without me having to drag her.  I got her in the bath and she casually mentions that her and Kylie were playing and she accidentally hit Kylie in the eye because she scared her.  In my mind I am imagining her little arms coming up in a reflex to shield her eyes from fear, and its no big deal.  I asked if it was an accident and if she apologized ...to which she answered yes.  No big deal - we finished our bath and went about our business. 

Only about 15 minutes later - there is a knock at our door. I went to the door to see who it was and it was Kylie and her momma.  Her eye was swollen and red! Brandy wanted me to see what Isabella had done.  (Now this is not the picture little Issy had just painted, so I called her to the door).  I asked Issy if she did that to Kylie and she said yes, and I asked her if it was an accident to which she started at her feet and didn't respond any longer. 

To say I was pissed, disappointed and embarrassed is a mild understatement.  I told Issy to wait for me in her room and let Kylie tell me what really happened. 

Kylie told me that her and Isabella were playing and she scared Issy - but Isabella got mad and chased her then punched her in the eye and said "That's what you get for punching me", then left Kylie crying and walked home like nothing. 

I apologized to both Brandi and Kylie anthen came back to deal with Isabella.  Now let me just say - I had a complete feeling of failure as a mom.  My cute little 6 year old was behaving like a bully. 

I did spank Isabella, (which wasn't really effective and hurt my heart just as much as it hurt her butt- I'm sure), I also took Isabella with me to class to discuss her behavior with Master Henderson.  This was a real point of fear for Issy.  I showed him her conduct folder, and told her about what Isabella had done to Kylie, and he had a nice long talk with Isabella about discipline, and respect and behavior.  She cried and cried, then he gave her a hug and told her that he wanted to see that folder again next week with no conduct marks or she would not be allowed to go to class. 

At this point Isabella is also grounded too.  I don't think the spanking was very effective with her, so I have to do something that is going to be an eye opener, because this CANNOT happen again!

Please pray for us....cause I am most definitely in need of prayers right about now!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.