Spring Break Week

March 17, 2014

Well it is officially Spring Break for Humble ISD and unfortunately for me...that doesn't extend over to the working class outside of the school system...so I still have to take my happy spring break needing butt to work!!

Sadly - we are super busy at work, and I can't really plan on taking time off (especially with it being rodeo season too and having to take time off to cover my rodeo shifts)!!

Monday was a kind of lax day.  Danny had to work (nights) and I had a ton of things to get done, so I went to work, while the girls slept in and relaxed, and Danny slept too.  Nothing too crazy, they were a tad on the loud side for him to sleep - but what do you expect.  They watched tv all day!  I came home and took Issy to karate, and then spent the evening working on my man power schedule for our next rodeo shift.  It takes hours!! 

Tuesday was busy busy busy for me at work once again (I love my job - but boy have I been super busy lately).  While I was at work Danny took the girls out to Rodeo to enjoy the carnival and Isabella did the Mutton Bustin! LOL HIllarious.  She called me at work and said "Momma - I have dirt all in my underpants!" I was thrown back just a bit - but then Danny let me know that they did the mutton bustin and she was covered in dirt...inside her undies and boots too! LOL





I came home to get ready after work, and then we headed up to the rodeo to see Jason Aldean.  It was a great show. 









After the show we took the girls over to Ceci and Rays and they  stayed the rest of the week with the Ramirez family! 

Wednesday I took a vacation day at work and had to work the rodeo all Day.  I woke up late and made it to my shift at 8 am (I should have been there at 6:00).  The day was super hectic.  Right off the bat I had a rookie driver hit a parked car in his golf cart, then by 10 am we were running 6 trams out of the yellow lot and super busy.  Usually weekday shifts are slow and easy...today was a value Wednesday show, and it was Spring Break so everyone and their momma dn neighbor was out there!!

Our shift ended at 4 and I was stuck in the tent filling out paperwork and checking equipment until 6.  Danny and I stayed at Rodeo for awhile and shopped around and did some drinking with fellow committeemen.  By 9pm I was so exhausted.  We went home and straight to bed!!!

The rest of the week for us was uneventful.  I went to work every day from 6am - until 5pm.  In the evenings I worked on my rodeo schedules and emails, and worked on some spreadsheets for work and did laundry (you know - I live such a glamorous life --- please don't be jealous).  If however, at any time you feel the envy overcome you - please don't let it consume you....you are more than welcomed to come over and cook and or clean or do laundry at any time to get a taste of the good life we live! :)

The girls on the other hand were living it up over at Ceci and Ray's.  They were happy as can be, hanging out and watching movies, and crafting, and going to the zoo.  They love going to Ceci and Rays - so they were happy!  I am so grateful that they took care of our girls all week so that they wouldn't be stuck at home all Spring Break!!

Ceci sent me this pic of the girls at the park - I love it!



On Friday afternoon - I went to pick up the girls from Ceci's, and Makaila decided she was going to Rodeo with them once again! Issy and I went shopping instead.  We decided to go all out and hit up a Dollar Tree for some toys and then a Goodwill, and found even more toys and some Kids Bop Cd's!!  (Lifestyles of the not so Rich and Famous - but we left that joint smiling ear to ear with our finds! - not to mention 12 bucks less in our pockets! LOL)

By 4pm - we went to my sister Erica's house and got ready for Sisters night at the Rodeo!!  My three sisters and I (and Issy) went to Rodeo to see Keith Urban.  He put on a great show.  Tia Teresa was there - so Issy opted to stay with her to watch the show.  She even got to see the Chick-Fil-A cows on the way to see Tia. 






 While we were in the show my sister Nancy received this text - it caused some definite laughter!!



We had a good time and I am so glad that we all went together this year!  We have never done that before (and we always talk about getting together more often, but we never do it).

After the show I took the girls home, and then went by Ceci and Rays to pick up Makaila.  I wanted my babies home already!!

Saturday morning I spent cleaning house and doing laundry.  It was raining and kinda muggy, so by mid afternoon, we headed over to JC to pick up Jessica and Aiden and put on our rain boots so  we all went to Rodeo again to see Hunter Hayes.  It was a great show!!
Even Danny enjoyed it.  After the show we walked around the center with the kids and too a few pictures. 


















By Sunday we were POOPED!!! (exhausted pooped not feces pooped!).  We headed to church as a lovely little family of four.  The message was as follows:

Church Notes:
( I left these in my other purse - so I will update this later)

After church we headed to breakfast, and then relaxed.  We were supposed to go to the Rodeo again with my parents but they decided at the last minute not to come - so we lucked out and didn't have to go.  Instead I did a little more laundry, worked on Rodeo stuff and then in the afternoon headed over to Tomball to try Mel's Cafe ( nice little diner that we saw featured on tv - and facebook!).  We got pulled over on the way there, but the nice cop, gave us a warning and directions to Mel's.  The food was phenomenal!  We will definitely be going back there.  We came home overstuffed and watched a little tv, showers, prayers and bed for this Limon clan!


This week was a wonderful reminder of how lucky we are to have family to help us and to see God's blessings in abundancee in our health, our activities and our day to day blessings.  I hope you have a great week!! And if you haven't made it out to rodeo...Hurry up!! Once more week left. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.