Weekend Rewind -

March 11, 2014


Friday I took the girls to school in the morning, and then went back to bed.  Getting into bed after Reba at Midnight wore me out especially on a weekday), so I needed more sleep.  I woke up at about 10 am and started to get ready.  I had to work my first official rodeo shift as a Roughrider!

I met Brenda for lunch, and then we headed to rodeo to get started.  It was about 1pm, and it was really too early for our shift so we just hung out and relaxed for awhile.  At about 3 the fun kicked off.  I spent the next twleve hours using the 115 volunteers assigned to my team to cover all the movements at rodeo grounds.  We had a few hiccups but nothing major!

It was Usher night at the rodeo and crowds were massive.  Our biggest issues of the night were having two tractors on the bridge at the same time which was resolved quickly....and then at the end of the night in yellow lot there were a few fist fights and crazies...but since its not our area...it really wasn't our issue. 

I was very happy with how everything went and very tired when the night was done. 

Danny and I made it home from our first shift at about 3:30am.  We were both super tired!!!

I woke up Saturday morning at about 11 am and decided I would do laundry...lots of laundry!!



I literally spent my entire day changing loads every thirty minutes and folding in between.  I didn't get up and out of my beloved pj's of choice - Danny's t-shirt from the previous day (I love to smell him in my sleep! LOL) until about 5pm.  And honestly....that was just to go pick up some Culver's cause we were both hungry! Danny left to work and I got showered and went to Ceci's to get the girls. 

We all made a trip to Target and I bought dryer sheets, fabric softner, and Purex fragrance beads and tons of other crap! LOL It's Target - what do you expect!

We went home and brought Alec with us.  Ceci had gotten Issy an organizing box for her rainbow looms so we spent some time organizing her looms by color...by 1 am, I was dog tired so I quit! LOL

We forgot about the time change so when I woke up on Sunday morning it was already past 10am!!!  We had to get ready to go to the later service at church.  And right when it was time to go - I couldnt find my keys...so we were a little late to church - but not too much.

Church Notes:
We started  a new series this week called Killing Karma: Replacing a life of guilt with a life of grace

Mercy is defined as not receiving the punishment you deserve.
Grace is defined as receiving the blessings you don't deserve. 

How do we let go of the guilts of our transgressions and embrace the grace God so freely gives us?

1. Forget the Past  - know that living with guilt is unnecessary. 
 * if you drive focused on the rear view mirror instead of the path ahead of you - then you will most definately crash.
 * the key is receivng and giving forgiveness - don't get loaded down with guilt

2. Embrace the present - there are miracles in the mundane moments of life. 
* procrastination is one of the greatest barriers of God's grace.
 
3. Step into the Future - have trust in him and his promises for you. 
* God will provide fo us.
* Speak in faith - thank God for his grace for his forgiveness
* Walk in Faith - place your faith in his grace;

Know without a doubt that Christ killed Karma on the cross.  All sins are sins - there is no politics in his love for us.  If you confessed your sins to him - he would most likely say "And?"
He knows what you have done and he still loves you....let the guilt go and know that God is the way, the truth and the light!!!!!!

After service I took the kids for breakfast and then we headed to rodeo.  We walked around the center for awhile and I bought a couple things, we ate rodeo grub once again (that never gets old).  Then we headed into the stadium to watch the Selena Gomez concert.  it was great.  Seeing the girls sing along and sway to the music is the absolute best!














We had a good time.  After the show we headed back to Ceci's.  I watched Keeping up with the Kardashians, and we ate tacos...they were super yummy!  While we were at rodeo - Ray cleaned my car inside and out....AWESOME!!!! (Thanks Ray - you ROCK!)

Issy also had a fundraiser that she is selling for school and she asked momo to buy a butter braid,  Momo - did but then said "Issy - you will know my real name now"....Issy looked at the form and then up at Mom and said :Your name is Peter?" We all laughed at this.  Momo's name is Petra...but clearly Issy saw Peter!

The time change really kicked our butts - before we knew it, it was past 10 and I was still at Ceci and Ray's!!!

I had to work in the morning - I needed to get home!

We got home and Issy went to get in pj's, and then innocently returned to the living room and said "Mom - our house is a mess, you think Uncle Ray will come clean our house too casue he did a good job on your car?"

LOL - If only that was an option!

We said our prayers and went to bed. 

It was a good weekend.....I'm still a little tired...but it was good.  I am so thankful for all the little things in our life, for our health, our family, the joys we share and the memories we make.  I hope you have a great week!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.