Weekend Rewind - closing out 2014

December 29, 2014

What a fantastic year.  While it flew by it was one of the most fantastic years ever.  It most definitely had its ups and downs, some moments of joy and some of sorrow...but it is coming to an end and I can't think of a better way to spend it then relaxing with my little family. 
Christmas is over and all my fgatherings have wrapped up, so on Saturday I spent my entire day in pj's, cleaning house and doing laundry!  It was so peaceful!  Finally at about 5 pm, Danny talked me into going over to Tia Sylvia's to hang out for awhile.  I am glad I got off my butt becuase it was nice to just hang out and relax and laugh and sit there with family seeing just how truly blessed we are! 


















Our evening was simple and stress free.  We hung out and laughed until about midnight then we headed home and went to bed!

Sunday morning was another day of nothing much.  We woke up late and actually made it to the 11:30 service at church.

Church Notes: 

Today was a message by Dr. Lowery (My favorite), and he talked to us about Living the Dream
He talked about the life of Joseph.  How he started telling the truth despite the fact that he came from a pretty dysfunctional family.  Hid dad Jacob was a liar and his brothers were just plain nuts!

* If your appetite controls you - you will loose your dream!* 
* Your dreams will never come true if you blame someone else for your problems

His brothers hate him and sell him as a slave and yet he never blames them.  God is with him and he is invested in others always!

* Serve others and God will invest in you!
* Satan has a lure for your lust

Potifers wife seduces Joseph and then he went to jail.  The cook there forgot about him when he was freed

* Put your faith in God not in people!!

Joseph waited for God's timing and ended up in the palace not the kitchen! JOseph gave God the credit always!! Then Joseph saves his family.  He wept. 

* Storms will come - beat against you; but if you build your life to God's code you will stand! 

* The new year is coming - do you know where to draw the line?
* Don't pout - Don't Doubt 
* A promise is a promise - you are forgiven 
* Get ready for the Fear Nots 
* The Lord is with you & his dreams for you will come true! 

I just love hearing Dr. Lowery his message is always all over the place and so entertaining.  He really makes me feel the love and joy God seeks for me!

After church I spent the rest of my day doing laundry yet again!  It's a vicious never ending cycle - but someone's gotta do it!

I watched Captain Phillips on DVD and then called it a night.  Back to work for a couple days and then we will be in 2015.

Just in case I forget to mention it later - my favorite memory of 2014 was not anything exciting or crazy...its all the little simple days of peace and pleasure.  It is knowing this is the year my baby started 2nd grade, its the year we started all the hoopla for Makaila's 15, its the year that Danny finally came to Christ in a way that just takes my breathe away.  It was a year filled with Good health for us and bliss and joy.  I am so grateful for all the year has brought us and anxious to see what 2015 will have up its sleeve!

Have a great week......

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.