Weekend Rewind

December 15, 2014

After work on Friday I stopped to run a few errands, adn got a call from Makaila that Issy was playing outside and her and a neighbor butted heads while playing tag, adn she now was sporting a good shiner! LOL


This was the mug shot I got over my phone to prove it! It didn't look too bad....but when I got home...it was way worse.  Her eye was really swollen and it was really ugly.  I put Vick's on it and waited it out for the swelling to subside.  (Yes - a true sign I am Mexican...but whatever don't judge me because it worked....within an hour the swelling was gone and the eye was already turning black!).  I don't know why it works, but it does...

We loaded up and headed over to Fidel and elaines for Cookies with Santa.  My brother and sister in law host this event every year and it is always great! Tons of people come out and take their pics with Santa Fidel and its a great memory to have and a wonderful tradition they do.  This year Issy was being really pissy and so she refused to smile and ruined our family pics with Santa.













As a result, she ended up sitting in the car with me for about 20 minutes, until she could get her act together!  We hung out with everyone for awhile, and then I headed out to get a few more things for my Saturday Craft Day.  The Dollar store was closed so I stopped into Fallas Paredes and bought way more than I expected.  They have a ton of junk but they also have some really great deals in there!! For example - I bought a Nine West Puffer Vest with Brass button decor that had the retail tag for $69 for only 11.99!!  That's pretty freakin cheap. I wont tell you what else I got because most of it is for gifts...but I left there pretty freakin happy! 

We went home and I wrapped a couple more gifts and then called it a night.  Danny would be working and I had a big craft day planned. 

Saturday morning I cleaned up a bit and got my Scrapbooking and crafting stuff all set up.  Margaret came over and we made our December layouts and caught up on some chit chat.  Jonathan brought Teresea over and we made some stuff and talked all afternoon!  





I made several sets of coasters and gifts, a cute shirt, some Christmas art for the mantle and I got to play with my new Cricut machine!! I wrapped up our Angel gifts for church tomorrow too! 

Later that night I took Teresea home and then came home to spend some time with Danny and Issy.  (Makaila stayed with Alec after cookies with Santa).  We picked up some dinner and then called it a night! 

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for church.  We went to service and my notes are as follows: 

Church Notes: A Personal Christmas Miracle 
* Build a Life of Service  - when you focus on meeting others needs he will focus on meeting your needs.  Serving others will bring miracles for you.  Give Jesus what you have and he will multiply it.  * Build a Life of Generosity  - (the catch and release principle - you have to feel the weight of your burden and then release it to his power.)  You have to admit your need and surrender it to God to feel and see his miracles.  **Where God guides...God provides**
When you need a miracle, God always starts with what you have to use it and work miracles to give you what you dont have.  Its not about the duration of your life; but rather the donation of your life!!

1. Giving is an investment in eternity.  You cant take anything with you when you die; but you can invest it in those you leave behind and those who go ahead.  
2. Giving blesses me in return.  Bless God in the areas you want to receive his blessings!! Put him first.  
3. Giving strengthens my faith.  Tithe and he will open up the windows and bless you in ways that you cant contain.  
4. Giving makes me happy.  

GIVING + SERVING = The Miracle of a Changed Life

Let me just take a moment of joy with you for a quick second.  I cried in church today many tears of joy! If you have been reading this blog for the past two years then you know the difference and the change that has happened in Danny and the growth in his faith. This year alone I can rejoice that our family tithing is no longer a point of argument as it was for many many years.  He made the decision, on his own (just a few months ago) to no longer work Sundays to ensure that we could go to church together as a family (which nothing has ever in my life giving me more joy than this decision alone!!).  This Sunday was another landmark moment for him (and me as a result).  

Pastor Chris was talking about serving and tithing and the importance of serving others and he asked people in the church to please sign up the serve a Christmas Service if they felt it in their hearts to do so.  I have been serving at out church for the past 4 years and had signed up, but during service yesterday I saw Danny fill out his card and volunteer to serve at not one but two Christmas Services this year.  I cried immediately.  I had to of course turn my head and wipe my tears quickly (becuase I didn't want him to feel weird or embarrased or make fun of my dramatics).  I can't even put into words the amount of joy and bliss that exploded within me to see him volunteer.  I have said it many times...that I tried to change Danny, that I prayed for Danny to change and nothing worked and to see God work in his life and make these changes in him that are above and beyond my wildest dreams much less my prayers....it makes me so happy.  I am so grateful for Gods work in our lives!!! 

After church we headed home and watched some football on the tv.  We relaxed, I made some food for our ATA Christmas Banquet and then we started to get ready.  We headed over to the First Baptist Church to attend our ATA Christmas Banquet.  Danny joined us for the first time ever! WOHOOO...It was definitely a good day!! We stuffed our faces...got some cool awards adn then headed home stuffed! 




We had a fantastic weekend and Christmas is right around the corner!! If you haven't gotten all your shopping done..HURRY!  We have a couple odds and ends to finish up but for the most part..I just want to spend the next few weeks enjoying the Holidays with my little family! 

Have a great week!! 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.