Weekend Rewind

December 1, 2014

Friday morning we woke up and hung out at my moms with my sisters and parents until about 1pm.  We ate and then packed up and headed home to tackle the Christmas decorating!

On our way home Danny loves me so much that he took me by the Annette's store that opened up on 45 (I told him on the way to my parents that the store had opened and I wanted to go there  - so he obliged!).  The store was cute but I was too cheap to buy anything! LOL






We headed home and unloaded all our stuff, checked the mail, repacked a bag for Issy and headed back out.  We went and had an early dinner at Piolo's in Midtown.  It was fantastic! I love their food!  It is probably one of my favorite pizza places of all time! 


We enjoyed our meals as a happy little family (actually to be honest I think everyone was so hungry we were cranky and Issy was in whinny mode - so it wasn't pleasant; but once the food came, everything was better! LOL)

We met up with Teresea because Issy had plans to spent the weekend with her Tia! LOL  She loves her Tia and I will show you why in a few minutes.  

We dropped her off and headed over to Costco (REALLY - Yes...you know we love Costco).  We picked up a few Christmas gifts, and some odds and ends and then headed home! We didn't do any Black Friday shopping online or in stores...so we decided to make a few pit stops and see what we could find.  We bought a few decoration things at Michael's, then checked out the ornaments at Target, and by then we had our fill and headed home! LOL 

Let the record show that we walked into Target and back out without buying a single thing!! That is a rarity.  Makaila bought two shirts.....but Danny and I bought nothing! WOOOHOOO

 Saturday morning I woke up early and put up our Christmas tree and some of the mantle decorations we bought at Michaels the night before.


At about 10, Makaila finally woke up and got ready and her and I went to the movies.  We picked up kolaches on the way and then we went to the mall to see Beyond the Lights.  Makaila has been wanting to go see this movie for months.  She was super happy to have gotten that checked off our to do list.  It was a good movie.  Once we were done, we headed back home and helped Danny with the Christmas lights.  I made a couple trips to the store for odds and ends and then at about 5 Makaila nd I started to get ready.  A few weeks back Makaila bought me ticket to the Steven Curtis Chapman JOy Concert, and we were both supper excited to be going!!!




We drove into Downtown and walked over to the Bayou Music Center.  We took our seats and enjoyed the show.  It was great.  I wish that they had sang some of their regular soms as well but everyone stuck to Christmas songs only!! Next time he comes I will treat Makaila to the concert!

We had a great time either way and we ended up meeting with Jose, Alexis, Brenda and the kiddos because they were at the concert too.











Afterwards we headed home and watched a little tv with Danny before heading to bed.

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for Church.

Church Notes: 

Part 3 of Series: Marriage Mystery - Discovering the Secrets of a Lasting Love 

"Jesus looked at them intently and said, ' HUmanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible" 

Mission Impossible: Understanding Women - Is it really an unsolvable mystery?

1. How to Loose a Guy in 10 Days?  A women struggles sometimes to know if she is worth it.  A husband need to work on giving his wife her worth and value.  Appreciate her and make sure she knows exactly how you feel about her.  Boost Your confidence and express your love!

2., Sleepless in Seattle.  Do you hear me?  Are you listening to her? Give her unconditional love.  Listen to her problem; but don't always try to fix them. Showing her love and affection and appreciation should be a privilege and not a burden.  Talking is key!!!!!  OPen your ears and your hearts; give them comfort and encouragement.  

3. A Walk to Remember - Do you see and Care about how I feel?  " So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe.  This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for He faced all of the same testings we do, yet He did not sin."      Heb 4:14-15

4. The princess Bride - Are you coming for me?  Fight for her! Honor her!! Divorce is not an option!!
A woman needs that sense of security in knowing that you are in it for the long haul.  That whatever obstacle she faces, you are in it with her and that there is no walking out or giving up!!

A woman usually asks of her man the asme questions that we all have for God!  

The mission as he sees it (husbands): To Protect and Provide 

The mission as she sees it (wives): To Connect and Walk Alongside 

The mission as God sees it: To love your wife in a way that reflects His love for the World!

Once we left church we headed home to watch the Texans game.  It was no buneo, so we headed out instead to pick up Issy from Teresea. We stopped by my inlaws to visit for awhile and then on our way home decided to go to Joann's for fabric to make stockins as well as back to Target to get teh Ornaments that I saw on Friday.  I loved them and picked up a set for myself and one set for my in-laws!

Aren't they cute:



While Issy was with her Tia Teresea I got pics of them:








This kid id so loved.  She took her to the zoo, to the Bass Pro Shop to get pics with Santa, she let her make dinner, and then they made an elf on the shelf gingerbread house!! Im so glad that she has Teresea in her life to show her love and do all the these things with her! 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.