Christmas 2014

December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve I had to work until noon.  I went into the office, made some calls and worked on some spreadsheets and then called it a day early.  I made a pit stop at Burlington on my way home to get Makaila an outfit and then home I went.  We all got ready and packed up stuff and then headed to church.  We served at the 5 & 7pm services.  The volunteers had a pot luck going so we ate in between services and then sat in on the 7 pm service.  Danny served as a door greeter at the 5pm service and helped me at the church doors for the 7 pm service handing out candles and programs.  The Candlelight service was awesome as always.  it is truly one of my most favorite days of the years.  Seeing all the people jam packed in the church celebrating Jesus.

My little greeter was looking pretty freakin adorable!


He did a great job and I couldn't stop smiling I was so over the moon to have him there with me!!

We finished up with Service and Issy enjoyed a few of the things the church had going on , like the nativity scene, the snow ball fighting, and pics with Frosty and Santa!





We wrapped up at church and then headed home to load the car with the Limon presents and head over to Grandma and Grandpa Limons to do our Christmas Eve tradition of hanging out with family and eating and laughing and then all opening gifts at midnight!

Brenda had a photobooth set up next door...and we went to town!! We took tons of pics...wanna see:













































The kids opened presents and they loaded up.  Sergio & Mary got Isabella a pair of pink light up boots and Justice shirt that she LOVED!  Ceci & Ray gave her the Chocolate Bar Maker (she was super excited - it was on her list to Santa).  Rose & Martin gave her a My LIttle Pony doll and blanket - she was pretty happy about that one too! Carlos gave her $15 in cash which made her feel like she was rich!! LOL Tia Elaine & Tio Fidel gave her a bracelet making kit that she wanted to start making on the spot! Emma also gave her a photobooth prop set.  Tio Juan and Olga gave her a new pair of boots and a beautiful silver locket necklace.

Makaila got from Tia Ceci & Tio Ray the One Direction CD that she wanted - she was all smiles!!; Alec gave her a huge M for her bedroom which I loved; Victoria gave her some lotion a t-shirt and a super cute Lego person! Emma and Lucas gave her a set of lipsticks. Tio Sergio & Tia Mary gave her a $25 Visa Gift Card.  Tio Juan and Olga gave  Makaila Burts Bees face care kit and a $100 Visa GIft Card!!!!  She is loaded!!!

Both of the girls are loved and spoiled!  We are lessed to have such a giving family!

Danny and I received several gifts too!!  He got some tools from Fidel, we got Pappas gift cards from Rose & Ernie, some Dominos from Juan, a super cute Cowboy wooden sign from Ceci & Ray, and I also got a cute scarf from Elaine, a necklace from Diana, and a pretty pink scarf from Olga!


We headed home at about 1:30 so that we could be home when Santa came!

By 8:30 Isabella was up screaming that Santa had come and everyone needed to wake -up!!  It's emergency type situation stuff when Santa comes.  I put on my robe and off to the living room we went. Santa write the girls each a letter and leaves them their gift under the letter.

Issy letter thanked her for taking good care of her elves this year and wished her luck in the Second Grade and in Karate and asked her to be obedient to her parents and a good sister to Makaila...and under her letter was a Samsung Galaxy Tablet! (She thinks of it as her own personal I-pad).  SHe was super excited!!

 Makaila's letter from Santa thanked her for being such an amazing big sister ad for helping her parents so much.  WIshed her luck in school adn karate and asked her to use her gift wisely.  Under her letter was a little pouch filled with gift cards. He brought her Gifts cards to Target, Marshalls, Aeropostale, Starbucks, AMC, Nordstrom, Dillards....etc!!  She was not expecting that!!



The girls opened up the gifts from Mommy and Daddy and they pretty much got everything they wanted.  Makaila got her Nike pants and hoodie, some black leather converse, and her sister gave her a cute necklace and earring set she picked out herself and paid for with her own money.  

Isabella got a case for her tablet, some tennis shoes, a cute jacket adn her sister bought her clothes for her build-a-bear! 




Danny and I decided not to buy each other gifts this year for many reasons.  First and foremost - neither of us really needed or wanted anything in particular.  We have some big expenses coming up soon and really we are old and its about the kids!!
We still had a couple gifts each - I got him some ankle weights and a new clipper set and the girls wrapped for me a frying pan, and some cups and an Ellen Degeneres book! I loved it!

Danny went back to bed and I spent the morning baking.  I made a cake and several batches of cookies.  We all showered and got ready and then headed out to my sister Erica's for the Salas family Christmas.

We started off by taking family pictures...I love this!! I think this was the first year in many many that we were all together with all our kids....
























 We all ate, tamales and posole until we were full as ticks, the kids sang Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus with me, and then we proceeded to open gifts.  We all drew names a few weeks back and yet still everyone loaded up on gifts here too!!!













Isabella got an awesome Elsa hat complete with long braid from Tia Nancy and Tio Jose, as well as a bag o goodies that had a Hello Kitty Back Pack, some bubble bath, and a jump rope,  she got a Frozen outfit from Grandma and Grandpa, and Tia Sammy and Tony gave her a fishing pole!! Tia Erica gave her a cute outfit too!

Makaila received some cute Paris themed frames from Tia Nancy & Tio Jose along with $50!!! She was super shocked and excited about that.  Tia Erica gave her a scarf and hat set, Grandma and Grandpa gave her a perfume and Tia Sammy & Tony gave her a $25 gift card towards her Mission trip!


Danny  received a couple of dinner gift cards, and I got from my parents a Kate Spade coin purse, Sam and Tony gave me a pretty throw blanket and a bracelet, Nancy gave me a pretty scarf, and Erica gave me a cute initial plate.

We all spent the evening laughing and laughing and playing Loteria for hours!!

It was a great time.  At about 9:30 we headed out to El Portal to see a concert!  The bands were pretty good....but I am so not made for clubs anymore! LOL  I was falling asleep!!  I am not cut out for partying anymore.  And I came to the sad realization after sitting on my barstool that sometime in this past year, I grew...and not in a good way.  My butt and hips hung over that barstool on both side and the back!! I was not happy about that! !






We watched the bands and then called it a night.  We picked the girls back up from my sisters and headed home!

Friday morning, I woke up and showered and got ready.  My girlfriends and I had a Girls lunch planned for Christmas and I was super excited about it.  I got to Misty's at noon, and we stayed there talking and laughing and catching up until well after 4!  I love these girls.  They are my chosen sisters!!  No matter how much time we spend apart...when we come together its like not a second has passed and our friendships are strong as can be!!

We took silly pics too:















All our Christmas celebrations were fantastic.  We were surrounded by people we love and good spirits!!  I am so grateful for our gigantic mix of families!!  I am so happy to have all four of our parents still with us and in good health.  I am hopeful that the coming year will bring us all closer together and excited to make many more memories with each and every person included in this post!!






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.