Weekend Rewind

January 27, 2014

Well since I had Friday off for Snow Day - I had another long weekend! (I like that). Saturday morning started bright and early.  My dad and I were registered for a CHL class.  I actually had a whole little group going!  Ernie and Ray came over to ride with us to the class and Martin and Jose met us there.  We took the class at the Golden Coral over on 1960.

Danny took his class last year and has been on my to go take the class and be safer.  I imagined that in this class I would learn about guns, gun safety, gun use, etc.  The class was a total joke!  Let me tell you anyone over 21 that has $50 and no criminal record can get a gun license!  The class was 4 hours long (two of which were spent taking breaks and eating).  The other two were spent standing in lines to show how to hold a gun (which wasn't even real - it was a clear plastic toy gun!), taking your finger prints, taking a photo (for the license), and shooting a gun.  This was the biggest crock of crap ever.  The state requirement mandates that you shoot a gun to receive a license.  The way they got around this was - they had a revolver sitting in a small sound proof box.  We were instructed to stick our hand into the hole of the box (the opening had a cloak of fabric - kinda like a magicians box), feel around for the gun and shoot once into this sound proof box, put the gun back down, and then take your hand out - and walllaa...they hand you a certificate!!

The only thing I learned in this class was about the castle law, and to drag the body back in if the intruder falls back and out of my doorway (at least his feet need to be within the threshold). 
Check out my studious table - LOL



After that class we headed back home and hung out for a few.  Danny took off to his tractor class and my parents left to go visit Samantha.  My sister Nancy stayed and hung out with me for awhile.  She had come to visit my mom while we were in class.  My mom also took the liberty of doing all my laundry while I was gone...so since I had the afternoon free and nothing to do - I took my sister to the store, and then we cleaned out my closet and I gave her a ton of stuff that I never wear for her to enjoy. 

Makaila went home with Ray to spend the night with Alec, and so when Danny got home we took Issy over to the other part of town (intending on visiting Sam) and we had dinner at Pappadeux.  It was delicious.  Isabella was feeling a little photogenic I guess cause she asked me to take her pictures outside! LOL








This girl is so silly.  Our food was outstanding!  I ate ALL of it - and I guess it didn't go unnoticed because as we were walking out, I said "I am so full"...and Danny said "me too"....to which Issy replied..."Yeah Mommy should be full cause she didn't leave anything on her plate, she ate everything!!"  I swear this kid needs a filter! LOL

We called Sammy so we could swing by and visit her and check on her but she was going to head out and pick up Tony from work, so we decided to try again the next day and headed home instead. 

We ate so much and were so full that we decided to lay in bed and watch tv, and at about 9 pm...we took a few pictures and we all crashed out! LOL







My flash was pretty freakin bright! LOL (that's why Danny has that face! LOL)

Sunday morning we woke up and showered and got ready for church.  It was great.

Church Notes:
Part 3 of Balance Series - Based on the 23rd Psalm
Balance Versus Indecision
How Do I know God's Will for my Life? Whats the Secret to Making Good Decisions?
1. Walk with God
Everywhere you go, know that God is with you.  Talk to Him - Pray to Him.  Have Daily quiet time, and develop a daily habit of talking to God. 
God's will, will never contradict God's word! Don't be normal - get to know God.
2. Work Through It
Sometime it is God's plan to let you struggle with it; to make you turn to him and trust in him. 
* Open the Window of Spiritual Growth (to guide us to the door of opportunity)
* Window of Peace - cease striving and know that he is God.  God doesn't want you to just survive, he wants you to thrive!
* Window of Hope  - The decisions you make today determine who you will be tomorrow
3. Waiting for God's timing
There is a big difference between NO and Not yet!  Be patient! He sometimes is waiting for us to grow in character, to teach us patience or to simply wait until it matches our calling - we just have to trust him.
4. Walk through God's Open Door
* take a step of faith - don't let your fears and insecurities hold you back you are not in control - God is!

After church we headed home and got ready.  We picked up Makaila from Ceci and Rays, and then we drove over to visit Tia Sammy.  Now let me just tell you this - My dad called after having gone by to visit Sammy on Saturday morning and said that we really needed to go see herm that she looked like a human pinata! He said the truck was totaled and he wasn't sure how she was even alive!  Now - let me also tell you that both my parents are BIG exaggerators and they have been known to lie a time or two!

I went expecting that she would have bruises or something because I knew the airbags had deployed.  We even stopped at Randall's and picked up a tray of cookies and a cake to take her (I don't like to go places empty handed).  When we got there, my other sister Nancy and her husband Joe were there visiting also!  (Apparently my dad had called all of us and given us a guilt trip about not having been by to see Sam).  Sam looked fine.  Not a single bruise or scratch on her! NOTHING! I even made her lift up her shirt to check her ribs and stuff - NOTHING!

Now I am grateful that my little sister is okay, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with that kid! My daddy lied!  I called him immediately and told him he owed me twenty bucks for lying and making me feel guilty about not having come to see her sooner....and the next time he cried wolf. I would beat her up for real and let him know what a human pinata looks like!  He laughed and laughed!

We didn't stay long (just long enough to talk crap, laugh and eat a few cookies! LOL).  We headed back toward home, and then stoped by Tio Ernie's to visit with folk for a bit.  We ate dinner there and then headed home for showers and bed! I watched the Bachelor Wedding. 

Mind you - I never watched the Bachelor (probably never will); but I follow two blogs that I think are awesome: Mix and Match Mama (which happens to be the sister of the Bachelor guy getting married) and Pinterest Told Me To who happens to be her best friend and my own personal shopper! LOL These are my two most favorite blogs - check them out and you will see why.  They both live in Texas and I just love the type of people they seem to be.  They are both faithful, driven, funny and beautiful!  I know if I lived in McKinney, Texas we would be friends! LOL For now - I settle with being a faithful blog follower instead. 

After the wedding - it was bed time.  This momma was exhausted and ready to get back into the grind on Monday morning! Hope you guys have a great week!!!! Love ya - even more than Chocolate cake!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.