Manager Me

January 16, 2014

Guess what??

I know I have told you a few times that I really like my job!  I like what I do...I like the people I work with and I LOVE feeling valued and appreciated.  I have an amazing team of people to work with who rock!  Simply,  I have a job to do and no one hounds me or bugs me or questions me...as long as I am getting my work done and meeting or exceeding their expectations they pretty much leave me alone!

I have been here for about 2 year now and I greatly appreciate that my boss and her boss speak so well of me and my work. (it's one hell of a confidence boost - when so many other things in life just don't seem to be working). They really make me feel valued and all that good stuff. 

Each January they do reviews and issue bonuses and increases which are basically just a little incentive and a cost of living increase.  In today's economy we have to learn to be grateful for having a steady job - so this kinda stuff is great. 

I had my performance review today - and I am over the moon excited and just a pinch nervous!!  I met with my boss and her boss for my review - and they basically sung my praises.  A direct quote from my boss's boss on my review was: " Sonia is a pleasure to have in our group and KM is better off with her as a part of the KM family."They talked about how much I had taken on over the past year and how I was meticulous and detailed and focused on my assignments and how I didn't need supervision and then (as if I wasn't smiling big enough) they offered me a promotion!  They asked me to go from Transmix Inventory Analyst to being Manager of Inventory Control!!

It's ok - get up - do a little dance - (I did). 

I will have two people reporting to me now, and that makes me a tad nervous!  I have 115 people reporting to me at Rodeo - but that Rodeo...this is my job!!  I have never had people report to me at my job before. 

Can you believe it - ME - Manager! It's a very humbling moment in my life because I think of all the struggles I have endured at different jobs and how much growing I have done in this industry to get to this point!  I am young still and having people believe in me this much and trust me the way this group has is very very exciting!  I am beyond words grateful and excited!

Pray for me - that I will be the manager God has made me to be.  That the people I work with and for will enjoy me, and I them.  Pray for my strength and wisdom and patience and for continued growth. 

Thank God for your job and pray on it.  I am a walking testament that he hears your prayers and he makes doors open you never knew existed! Seriously - two years ago - I was iffy about even taking this job because I was having too much fun working as a contractor at Shell.  And even a year ago - I was iffy about staying because I wanted more money....but I prayed on it, and God told me to stay.  To not be greedy and to be patient....I listened to him and he provided. 

I surely didn't imagine being a manager over anyone in a successful pipeline company at the meager age of 33!  I am so excited...and I hope you are excited with me. Tomorrow is 9/80 Friday and mom and dad are coming in town for some appointments...See ya Monday!!!

Overjoyed and blessed beyond measure -

Sonia

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.