Happy New Year

January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR - From our family to yours!  I hope this year brings you the absolute best.  That it is filled with good health, laughter, love, patience and God's grace.  I hope that this year we all grow closer to God and his word and that we reach our goals in all area of life. 

We rang the new year in surrounded by family and love.  I worked on New Years Eve but got out early, so I headed home, made some snacks and then layed down for a nap! LOL

We got ready in the evening and headed over to Ceci and Ray's.  The rest of the Limon family was gathering at Grandma and grandpa's but we had made plans with the Ramirez's and we weren't really invited over to Grandma and grandpa's....so we headed over to Ceci and Ray's and had a blast.

Danny started the evening off with a bang because he gave me a 1,000 carat ring to have some bling for the new year!  I thought it was pretty cute! LOL


We of course had our shots on the hour each hour and we played some headbands type game from the Ellen show (we laughed ALOT).  We hung out and chit chatted and our niece Jessica showed up in all her cuteness, and later my sister Sammy and Tony showed up to ring in the new year with us!  It was fun.  The kids laughed and played and the adults danced and laughed and had a great time.  The new year was started in good spirits around people we love and who love us in return!  Can't beat it. 















 Sometime in the wee hours of the morning Ernie came over to hang out for a few and then we finished off the night (or should I say morning) dancing to good ole country music.  We shut it down at about 5am. At 6 am we loaded up the car (we couldn't sleep, and Danny wasn't feeling to hot), so we headed home. 

I set my alarm on my phone for 9:30 am because I want to go to Dillard's and pick up the eiffel towers that were in their Christmas department for Makaila's 15.  I'm crazy, I know...but the Christmas stuff was going 75% off and I just really wanted them. 

I headed to bed for a couple hours and when the alarm went off I was ready to go.  I got to Dillard's and instantly thought I must be dreaming!  Or better yet, I was in a nightmare.  I had to park at the end of the parking lot - it was jam packed and there was a line outside the door.  I was thinking - I'll be there when they  open,  get in and out in 15 minutes flat...boy was I wrong.  Apparently, Dillard's has a major can't miss it-line up at the doors kinda sale each January 1st - to which I was oblivious.  My fear was - 'Oh no - are all these people here for Christmas stuff!!!'. 

The entire store was an additional 50% off EVERYTHING and these people were going crazy.  I am talking within minutes people were stacking up shoes, piling up boxes of perfume sets, yanking clothing...it was worse than any Black Friday event I have ever endured - and I have seen plenty of them crazy filled things!  I was literally in awe of peoples craziness (cause you know getting up to buy Eiffel towers for an event that is almost two years away on 2 hours of sleep is not crazy at all - LOL). 

I even took pictures in case you didn't believe me ~

I had to walk the entire length of the parking lot!!!!

This was the men's department - imagine how the woman's was!!

The line in the shoe department went thru in and out 3 times and then people were still digging for shoes in between the line! LOL I'd pay full price before I got into that mess - and I hate paying full price!!

After I was done in Dillard's I went home and made a big breakfast for the kids  of bacon, eggs, potatoes, and tortillas.  At about 2pm - I crashed back out and then spent the entire day in bed! LITERALLY.  I think we woke up at about 7 to order a pizza, eat and then get back in bed!! LOL

It was marvelous.  The girls watched movies on Net Flix, and Danny and I just watched tv in bed and relaxed!  It was a nice way to start off and rest up since I had to work in the morning. 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.