March 2017

April 27, 2017

March kicked off with Hernia surgery for my daddy!  This guy was a great trooper...but I still took 3 days off work to stay home with him and take care of him.  I love this cute little fella..isn't he cute!


 I spent my time getting him meds, watching Swamp People episodes and making him soups.  He likes potato soup and broccoli cheese soup and just about any kinda soup...he is an easy guest!  By the end of the week he was feeling better and moving a bit easier, so they headed home that Friday morning and I dropped off letters for Izzy's writing camp at her school.  I had lunch with Danny and did a little retail therapy...coupons in hand of course!

Rodeo was a little late this year because of Superbowl, but we kicked off with Rodeo Cook-off and had a great time!  with Cynthia and Gilbert.  By the time rodeo started this year...I was rodeoed out!  I had spent so much time and energy preparing the swaps and answering e-mails, and updating spreadsheets...I was tired.  My shifts were a lot too...they both landed during the week this year and went from 7 am until 3 am the next day...so I ended up having to take 2 days for each shift....I'm wasting away all my vacation time at work...and working my butt off!! Not fair!!  This rodeo things is quickly loosing its appeal!

The month was scattered with trips to the rodeo, Zumba, dance, laundry, driving school, Loteria Sundays and lots of love and laughter.

One particular Friday off, I took the girls for our Girls Day outing, which usually consists of lunch at Olive Garden and then some shopping.  We invited Vero to go with us, because I read the book The Shack and loved it.  The movie came out this month and I went to see it with the ladies in my Bible Study group and loved it.  I told the girls about it on the way to rodeo one night and they really wanted to see it.  So we worked it into our girls day and took Vero with us.  They loved it too.  They cried the whole time and were moved just like me!
 This is us prior to the tears.  




 Mid month I surprised the girls with tickets to go to the Beauty and the Beast Movie premier.  It was a big deal out in a fancy theater in Richmond that Tio Ray was bale to get us tickets too....so Ceci and I took my babies to it.  The week before I let them know we were going, and Issy was beyond excited.  She asked if she could dress up and at first I told her she was nuts, but then it dawned on me that she is growing up so fast and that these moments are few and far between...so if my baby wanted to dress up like a princess for the movie premiere....then damnit...I'm in!! I looked up the dresses online and found one at Target....of course the Target around us didn't have her size, so her daddy came to the rescue and drove around town until he found the Belle dress that was exclusively made for the movie release in her size and she almost cried of joy when we gave it to her....She tried it on immediately, and started planning on waking up early, curling her hair, lifting it in a half bun, make-up...the works.  I'm telling she was soooo excited.
 That Saturday morning came and she was up and going by 7:30.  I curled her hair, lifted it half up i a rose bun, added some blush and lip gloss and we made the hour and a half long trek to GP to pick up Ceci and then drove to Richmond.  The place was a Colosseum...it was gorgeous.  And the tickets Ray got were awesome...they came with lunch, gelato, popcorn, drinks,...the works!!  Thanks Tio Ray!!




 That same day I had bought Alumni tickets to the Willie Nelson concert at the rodeo.  It was probably the last chance I would ever get to see him in concert and Danny wanted to see him too...so it was the only show we actually bought tickets for.  It was good.  He sang all his great hits, but he kinda spoke through the songs, was short of breathe and looked really old!  I don't anticipate he has too many shows left in him....but I'm glad we got to see him!



 This month Makaila had some great excitement too.  She ran for VP of Student Council!!!  She was so nervous...she made up these posters to hang in the school, and turned out that her position was the only one that had a competing person running for the position.  So all the other positions only had one person going for it and were automatically granted.....not hers.  She had a girl run against her and boy was she worried. She was stressed out like none other!  We prayed, posted things on social media, asked and begged for votes and she WON!!!  That Friday they made the announcements at school, she called me in tears so excited about her victory.  I have to admit...I cried too.  I was one super proud momma.  Knowing she was that happy and that she had succeeded I was overcome with tears!  I was calling my parents to brag, and texting my friends and talking about it at work....LOL.

 
 This month flew by and I didn't take too many pictures.  We saw Alisha Keys and Willie Nelson this year....the least amount of times I went to shows in years!! The night Makaila went with Karena to see Thomas Rhett there was a shooting scare and she didn't make it home until 1:30!  It was scary.  Makaila took her second round of SAT Tests , we saw a few movies, had a few girls days, and did boat loads of laundry!  It was filled with great memories, some fighting, and some definite getting on each others nerves...but I am grateful for every second.

I'll end this post with a few more pics of my babies and well wished for a fantastic April....I'm finally caught up on my posts....lets see how long that lasts!! LOL




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.