February 2017

April 25, 2017

Ok - As good as I am at writing everything down in my handy planner and staying organized with this blog info, I am terrible at getting in here to post updates.  In my mind and heart, I would love to do it every morning, weekdays only and fill it up with great moments and memories...but the reality is that its just impossible.  I am busy at work most mornings, I forget most evenings, and life gets hectic.  I'm thinking that the bi weekly or monthly update will have to suffice.  I mean lets face it.  I am not writing this blog to make money or advertise, (Clearly you can tell by my lack of interest in grammar checking or re-reading) its for my babies to read when they are grown women and wanting to reminisce, or really its to remember when times get tough they can come here and be reminded that they are not alone, that we have probably already gone through something similar and we overcame it.  I want them to come back here and read these post many years from now and remember the moments that mattered the most.  The times they really screwed up, the times I hurt them or they hurt me...because that's life.  And the best part is we overcame every heartache, every pain and every failure and we kept going.  Because that's what we do.

So now that I have accepted the fact I'm just not going to update daily or even once a week...here goes February!

 This adorable nugget visited me at work today...OMG Precious!!! Isn't he freakin adorable!!

 The instapot is steady going...made spinach artichoke dip and it was freakin fantastic!!!

So Danny took the girls to the NFL Live Experience (the Superbowl is in Houston this year), and the girls had a blast...they were loving every moment...especially Makaila!














 And they even were kind enough to bring me a gift... I wore it while they told me all about their fun!

Nancy and I also took a day trip over to Waco.  We had so much fun just talking and laughing and shopping.  We hit up the Magnolia market, Ninfa's for lunch and then shopped all the littler stores we could manage until the town shut down at 6!!





 My favorite purchase of the  trip!! It's going in the girls hallway!  I LOVED IT

 It was a great trip that I am so grateful we decided to take.  Now if we can finally get a sisters trip with all four of us, that would be fantastic.  Makaila went to Reality Weekend with the church, and she was a complete sour puss about it.  I swear that girl...she has attitude from hell sometimes.  I wish they would just relax and enjoy life sometimes...but I guess this is typical for teenagers.  Drives me crazy!!  I basically forced her to go.  She was on board until she realized none of her friends were going and she would be outside her comfort zone and have to socialize with new people.....Heaven forbid!! We left her to enjoy her forced Weekend Reality.  Unfortunately Tia Angelita passed away so Danny and I went to her funeral, to pay our condolences to Tia Helly and Tio Orlando.  Later that evening we went to Herrera's night club to jam.  Nancy and Jose went with us, and Erica was there celebrating Noe's brothers birthday! We had a great time.  Before the evening was up Tavo and his wife came too.  They came in from Mexico to hang out for the weekend!






 In February we spent several weeks making geode rocks for Isabella's science fair project!



We watched the Superbowl over at Sergio's house and celebrated Mary's birthday too.  This month Danny and I celebrated 17 years of marriage....actually celebrated is over stating it.  The date came and went and nothing was even said! LOL  Thank Dan...I can always count on him for romance!

There were far too many nights spent working on Rodeo swaps!  Nancy came and tried a few Zumba classes with me.  Isabella went on her 4th grade Austin field trip!  She had a blast!!  Makaila had a few babysitting gigs, and at work I had to meet with HR, over an employee complaint.  I also was moved to the mangers area, begrudgingly....its been fun!  Apparently wanting people to do their job accurately and timely is now stress causing micro-management.  Go figure.  it's okay though...I'm gunna let it go and give it to God...stressing over it won't do me any good, and truthfully, its not even worth the energy!

Valentine's Day was nice.  Danny was sweet and bought flowers for me and for each of the girls.  He had a vase for each one of us.  He also got us some chocolates and some bundt cakes!  He really knows how to love us...with food!

Nancy and Jose went to the theater on a Valentine's Day date...how cute are they! 




 Makaila and I made many trips to the gym, and you can see above how I felt about that! LOL 

 This month the Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss) opened up in the Woodlands, and Isabella was over the moon excited about it.  On Saturday the 18th, we spent our morning doing laundry and cleaning house, then we went to the Woodlands Mall to meet Carlo at the Grand Opening.  The line was over 4 hours long...but I stood in it with our baby because she was super excited.  While in line, Makaila and Karena said that some people were getting photo ops, so I stayed in the line while they took Isabella for the possibility of pics with Carlo.  45 minutes later they came back with a tear faced Isabella.  Happy tears of course.  I am dead serious...she was having a major fan moment.  She was so star struck and awed at having met one of her favorite Food Network stars she cried!  Adorable right!?!






These girls are so spoiled blessed! But its moments like this when they are working together to make each other happy that bring me the greatest joy as their mother.  It's seeing them so overcome with joy that they cry.  It's watching them love each other instead of fighting or being a pair of jerks!  I've told you time and time again, and now I'm writing it here so you cannot forget...You are only going to have one sister in this life.  Each other...that's all you get.  No one will trust you like your sister protect you like your sister or love you like your sister.  So treat her with love, care for her, be nice and enjoy her!!

We celebrated Ray's birthday with cake and Loteria too.  We celebrated Samantha's 30th birthday this year too.  Erica hosted a dinner party on the 24th and we went and had fun.  We laughed and talked crap and called it a night.  







That weekend we enjoyed the beautiful weather by hanging out walking the shops in Highland Village.  We met up with Veronica and Brianna and then had lunch at the Grand Lux Cafe.  We ended the night with ice cream in China town at the Juicebox...OMG  this stuff was freakin fantastic!!!

 We ordered the wrong stuff at first, and then ordered again before we left.  This snowflake ice was AMAZING!!!  I think we will be coming back her and probably often!!

 I think my favorite things of this month were the NFL experience the girls got to take part of with their dad, Izzy meeting Carlo, and her dad surprising her with treats from there later in the week.  But really if I'm being honest, it is the routine of every Sunday, getting up for church together as a family, and then going to have lunch with the Ramirez's and then going to my in-laws for Loteria.  Our Sunday have become so special to me. The only part I hate is knowing that my side of the family doesn't do anything like this and sometimes it feels like we drift further and further apart!  I'll be praying over this and praising God for the unity he builds in my Limon family, the laughter and crap talking we share over Loteria games, and the joy of going to church as a family!!


Here are some random snapchat pics that make me smile....ENJOY! 






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.