Valentine Rewind

March 4, 2016

Monday I went to work, and then came home to the sad news that Al took a different job and would no longer be doing private lessons for Izzy.  Instead I worked on rodeo stuff , made dinner, and cleaned up.  Makaila went to class and in a moment of pure fear and craziness actually worked up the courage to ask her dad is she could go on a date.  Now mind you ...there was no real date planned, she was being proactive and treading the waters to get a feel for his reaction.  And I must say it went way better then even I expected.  Makaila was super super nervous and spent way too much time trying to get me to ask for her (which was dumb - cause I don't want to ask him either). I really though he was gunna cuss her out and tell her she was stupid as hell, but instead he was very calm and told her that she couldn't go anywhere with someone he didn't know, so he would have to meet and talk to whomever she was trying to go places with.  Makaila left it at that.

This s a big deal to me. (Alex don't make fun of her...if you haven't done this already you will one day and its scary!).  It is a milestone of sorts, because our baby girl is growing up!  And I really don't like it.  Not only is she blossoming into this beautiful woman on the outside, she is growing older and we are getting ready to start having to deal with boys....and I'm scared.  Realistically I think she is still too young and she might have to ask again after she turns 16...but its fastly approaching and I am not sure how we are going to handle this.  God be with us!

Tuesday after work I headed over to Lifeway because on Sunday at church I found out about Bible Journaling!  Have you hear about it?  I initially thought...just taking notes in your bible....WRONG!  It;s this craze of people drawing these beautiful images in their bible and using art to transform scripture...i wanted in, so I needed a new Journaling bible. Ceci is interested too so I sent her a few picks of bible options and we both got new Journaling bibles on Tuesday.

 We ended up getting the Red one with single columns (more space for drawing!) I came home and took Makaila to class, and then made quesadillas for dinner.  We ate, cleaned up and got ready for bed,  I started gluing Izzy's Valentine box together.  She wanted a real post office mailbox!

Wednesday was Ash Wednesday.  I came home from work and cleaned for a bit, did a load of laundry then we headed to church for Ash Wednesday service.  Danny met us there after work.  That made my heart happy.  He also bought me a bracelet at the Trade Store which made me happy too! LOL
We went to eat at the Fish Place after we got our ashes and then headed home for showers.  Izzy started painting her box.

Thrusday, after work, I came home, watched tv, finished up Izzy;s box with her....not bad huh




I took Nina and Makaila to church for youth service, and then worked on some of my bible journaling.  I printed a bunch of ideas off the internet...I'm loving it.  I picked up the girls and then ran a few errands before calling it a night.  


Friday was pretty hectic.  I took Izzy to school, picked up some Starbucks (hot chocolate - I don't drink coffee) and a pastry and then headed right back tot he school to see Izzy participate in the school Fun Run.  It was cute, and we sponsored her $1 a lap...she killed it.  By the time it was done, that little rascal did 35 laps!!  









After the fun run was over, I headed home to do some cleaning.  Changed the bed sheets, and did some laundry.  At about 1:30 I headed to the school once again for Izzy;s class frienship party.  It was an ice cream sundae party and so we ate ice cream and played games.



Izzy invited one of her classmates over to spend the night, so I made fish for dinner and they spent thier evening in Izzy's room playing.  
Saturday morning we all woke up early, ran to Walmart for some stuff and spent out morning making crayon art, minion cookies and Valentine Cake balls.  




 When Zoe headed home, I took the girls to the mall.  Makaila needed a few new undergarments and so we spent some time shopping around, buying a few things, and then made pit stops at Hobby Lobby (for bible journaling needs), and then picked up Domino's for dinner.  we ate and when Danny came home we went to Sam's to restock Makaila's candy store! LOL We also made pit stops at Target and Izzy and I laughed our butts off at some of the Valentine card options.  She picked some great ones for her Daddy and sister...


Sunday , we went to church, then had lunch at Whatburger with Ceci and Ray.  We hung out at their house and then went to Baybrook Mall.  I had not been there in ages...it looked totally different.  Later that night we went back over to my in-laws to hang out and take them a Valentine cake, and we ended up playing Loteria again until 9.  If Loteria and pastries doesn't mean love...I don't know what does.    Izzy went home with Rose and Makaila left with Ceci.  There was no school on Monday so the kids ditched us!






On Monday, Danny picked Makaila up while I was at work.  I came home and changed real quick because my friend Eloisa was having a Movie premiere for her Daughter Alyssa who made a movie.  It was so cute.  I loved it.  She went all out for it and I took Makaila as my red carpet guest.  She was looking mighty good on that Monday! LOL 

 I love these girls.  We have been friends for over 20 years and I can count on them for anything...I love em.  My chosen sisters!!


After the movie premier I dropped Makaila off at the house and headed to eh church because I was starting the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University course.  I am so excited about it too.  Class was great too...can't wait to see what this week will hold.  




Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.