Trip to New York (Post 2)

July 7, 2015

I left off at Columbia University - apparently there is a limit to how many pictures I can share with you on a post and I since I want you to see it all - I will just solve that problem by making multiple posts!

Ok - so we are still on day 2 and we are on a tour bus - taking in city sights!!






This is Daryl - the most amazing tour guide ever!!



 This below is Harlem - Daryl told us some of the ghetto stores were having some major sales and that was music to our ears...we got off on the promise that Daryl would swing by on a bus to pick us back up in an hour and a half!

 Daryl was spot on...there were lots of fantastic sales and we all bought things that were great prices and then we found this great mural to take pictures by...isn't it pretty.  We hopped back on the bus with Daryl and then headed over to Uptown to check out the Empire State Building...




THis was some more pics of Central Park on the way back...




The Museum of Natural history 











We got of the bus by Macy's and we shopped some more - honestly we did way too much shopping on this trip!! We shopped some more although I can honestly say Makaila and I were not really buying much...My sister however was on a shopping mission like none other.  I bought a few things at the Gap in Harlem and a few things at the Joe Fresh in Uptown and then I ran out of shopping juice.  We walked around that area all night and then walked back to Time Square to call it a night.  Ivan and Makaila and I headed out at about 11 pm and got some dessert!  We tried to get some pastries at Carlo's Bakery but the line was ridiculous, so they settled on Annie's pretzels and we called it a night! 

Day 3 in New York was July 4th - Happy 4th of July.  

Makaila and I woke up early and were out of our room by 7:30!  Sleeping through our vacation was not the plan - so we left my sister and nephew and niece and went city exploring on our own!  We ate a great breakfast at a little place called the Bread Company - it was fantastic.  



Then we loaded on the bus and headed to SOHO.  While Makaila and I were both completely not interested in shopping we still stopped in SOHO in hopes of stopping at the DASH store and finding cool places to take pictures and just take in sight seeing of New York staples.

Unfortunately it rained off and on for the next few hours and we ended up doing a bit more shopping.  











At about noon my sister and the kids joined us and then we got back on the bus and headed to the 9/11 Memorial.  The line for the museum was 2 hours long...so we just checked out the fountains and the store...they showed all the moving videos and memorabilia...it was so sad!

















Once we left that area we loaded on the tour bus yet again and headed over to the Statue of Liberty - it was too late in the day to get tickets so we didn't stop.  Makaila was adamant about finding a concert in which Ed Sheron was playing - which was impossible.  Instead we got off in China Town...walked through it and Makaila and I split off to have lunch in Little Italy.  We enjoyed our evening!












Once we finished our meal we walked over to the Brooklyn Bridge to get ready for the Fourth of July Fireworks.  We were all tired and it was a long long day - but the fireworks were so worth it...it was beautiful!!  










We walked about 14 blocks to get to the subway (our feet were killing us - I really thought at least one of us would not make it back - and I think that someone was me - my feet were at the point of crying!!! we bought subway tickets and took it back to time square....



It was a fantastic day - but one of the longest days of my life - we were so freakin tired!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.