Church Trips Weekend Rewind

July 21, 2015

WOW- What an emotional week it has been.  God is SO good.

Monday night we spent the evening packing Makaila's bags for Honduras.  Checking and rechecking our lists, packing things individually, and rechecking.  She had Nina over the whole day and then we all went to Pappa's BBQ for dinner.

We finally went to bed at about 10:30 with butterflies.  I don't know who was more nervous...but our baby was headed to Honduras and our other baby was away at church camp like a big grown girl!

Tuesday morning we were up at the crack of dawn and I took Makaila to the airport.  We arrived early, met a few people, took a few pictures and I promised not to cry (although I will admit I had already shared many a tears prior to arriving at the airport...I know God will watch over her - but its another country, and she is my baby and she has never been gone for so long! LOL).  We waited around for about an hour and once everyone had arrived and checked their bags and their passports - we did a group prayer and it took everything in me not to break down.  I saw my baby girl off and then as soon as I got in the elevator the water works broke down!  I bawled like a baby!  I sat in my car and cried to my hearts content then sucked it up and headed to work.








I swear the amount of pride in my heart is uncontainable right now.  I could not have made better choices for my girls and the fact that they made these choices on their own and sought out to serve the Lord.....really I am just beyond words proud of them both!!

I got some pictures from Camp Impact.  The church leaders have been great about sending us daily updates and letting us know what the kids are doing and sending pictures and videos of all the fun.  Our baby girl is having a blast!!!







After work I headed home and then back to my In-laws to talk to them about a few things.  I spent a lot of time at Tia Sylvia;'s trying to connect to the wi-fi becuase Makaila was calling to talk to us.  She wanted us to know that they had landed safely and she would be able to call briefly in the evenings.  My poor baby girl was already homesick and a little scared.  I cried myself to sleep worrying about my baby!  I know she is safe and things will be okay - but she was so sad.....My little shy girl is having a hard time relaxing and delving into this experience!  My heart hurts for her!

On Wednesday I went in early because I needed to get off by noon to pick up Izzy from the church.  I got a call from the church about 20 minutes until noon and was told they were ahead of schedule and would be there in about 15 minutes!! I panicked and ended up having to get Shari to get our girl for me!
I got to Sharri's about 12:30 and Aubrey came home with us.  They told me all about camp and how much fun they had!  We ate pizza and played monopoly and then I caught Izzy itching and spent the rest of the evening treating her for lice!! She is at that age and it is NO fun!! There weren't too many - which means to me that she caught it toward the end of camp and so it wasn't too bad.  No fun, but it could have been worse.

Thursday I had to wake up extra early to get Izzy over to Ceci's because Alec was babysitting for her!  I dropped her off by 6, and then found out I had forgotten her glasses...so I had to to drive all the way back home to get them, drop them off and then head to work...it was a long morning!  I had a rodeo meeting after work, then came home and talked to Makaila.  She is still homesick, but she met some people who are touching her heart...she sent a few pictures and is really starting to enjoy herself!! I love to hear her tell me about her days and the people she is meeting on this journey!

Friday I spent the entire day running errands with Izzy and then that evening we went to Karena's graduation from nursing school.  We went to Palenque to eat afterwards and called it a night.  I miss Makaila!!





Danny was off this weekend so we woke up early and headed out to explore hill country with Izzy.  We stopped in Bastrop, bought Izzy some new boots, and a couple pairs of boots for me and some super cute Minnetonka wedges.




We had lunch in Lochart @ Chisolm Trail, then we drove through Canyon Lakes in Wimberley.  We stopped in Luchenbach for somw wine and ballcaps, then drove to Gruene for dinner.  We ate at teh Gritsmill and it was fantastic.We walked around the town square for awhile and I bought a ya'll Need Jesus shirt....we called it a night and headed back home.











































Sunday morning we went to church and then had Chinese afterwards with Ceci and the kids.  Issy and I cleaned up a bit then headed to Amelias birthday party to see the minions (I didn't like it - the movie).


 I finished switching out the girls drawers, and then took Izzy to spend the night at Aubrey's at about 7pm.  I worked on the rooms until about 10:30 and then headed to bed.

I really just want Makaila to be back already!!!!  HURRY UP.....








Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.