Halloween - Weekend Rewind

November 3, 2014

After work I picked the girls up from school and treated them both to McDonald's.  It’s a rarity in our house simply because neither Danny nor I like anything there.  Don’t get me wrong I will eat a nugget or some fries maybe even a cheeseburger kids meal if I am hungry…but I will most always pick Chick-fil-A or Whataburger over McDonald's any day!!!

The girls told me about their day at school, and then we got Halloween ready.  Ceci, Alec, Karena and Ava came over at about 4:30 and hung out.  At 6 we took off to Henderson’s and watched the costume contest, and then Issy and I played dodgeball – it was parents against the kids…talk about some fun!!!
We played two rounds of that and then Danny called that Fidel and Baby Fidel were at the house and the neighbors were ready to go!  So we raced back home and Ava put on her costume and then we headed out into the neighborhood to trick-or-treat! 





Ryan was the cutest little cop ever!!! He looked adorable.  But you know what was even cuter to me…seeing Danny sitting on our awesome porch that he built for us giving away candy, ohhing and awing at all the cute costumes,  being the amazing guy he is.  I know I brag about him a lot and make it seem like he is just too good to be true, but he is so stinking cute, it’s hard not to.  I am really in love with that guy! Trust me…he really knows how to push my buttons and he can make me sad and pouty without even trying and he is colder than ice when it comes to the romance department, but I just love that little booger!!









We made it around 3 blocks before Issy started crying that her feet were hurting and she was tired! She should have worn tennis shoes, not heels….them babies were not made for walking!! We made it around a couple more blocks and then headed back.  Her candy bag was pretty heavy by then anyway and we were all done!  I love how many kids come out in our neighborhood and how awesome it is to see all the cute little costumes and the parents out walking with their kiddos making memories and taking pictures. It makes me feel so proud to be a mommy.    I kinda was a little sad after we were done because my baby girl is already 7 and pretty soon she will get like Makaila who thinks she is too old to dress up and too big to trick-or-treat!  I was more than happy to make a last minute costume for Makaila to wear on Halloween (a part of me was just Happy to get one more year out of her!!). 

Once we were done,  we sorted Candy and took Issy to go see a Haunted House in the neighborhood and visit Mike and Tina to show them her costume.  Danny took Makaila to the church for their youth Halloween party and everyone else headed home too.  When we picked Makaila up from the  church , we headed over to Lupe Tortillas for dinner.  It was delicious!!  We ate and came home to go straight to bed!

Saturday morning was a lazy morning.  We woke up and fiddled around the house for awhile and picked some fruit and peppers from the back yard,  I lite up the chimeneya and burned some mail and some old checks and then Makaila left to go to the Sam Houston football game with Mr. Tolley, and so Danny, Issy and I headed over to Old Town Spring to do some shopping.  We bought some wax, and a couple of reindeer for Christmas and then called it a day! I think I am just getting cheaper and cheaper the older I get so I am not as much fun to shop with anymore! LOL













We headed over to Danny’s parents house for a visit and to drop them off a reindeer, and stayed to visit with them for a bit.  I went to the restroom and when I came out everyone was outside checking out plants, but I smelled a fire and sure enough one of his moms candles had lit a fire in the back room….luckily we caught it early and they were able to put it out without more than a table cloth and some fabrics getting burned up.  It was pretty scary though. We left there in search of something to eat and ended up at Texas Roadhouse.  It was delicious. 

  On the way home we stopped to pick up a gift for Abby and got home to wrap it and then walked Issy across the street to join the birthday slumber party Miss Abby was having.  They had a blast playing and doing manicures and jumping on the trampoline and all that fun stuff.  





Meanwhile, Makaila Danny, Nina and I all went to a Quinceanera that Makaila’s friend invited her to.  I was in a bit of a pickle on how to handle this situation. 

Makaila was under the impression that she would be allowed to go to this party and stay there all night by herself (her and her friend Nina) and I would just drop them off and pick them up when it was over at 1 am! THAT WAS NOT HAPPENING!!  Times are so different now from when I was growing up and our parents did that kind of stuff.  I trust Makaila, it’s the rest of the world that has gotten outrageously out of hand.  It’s all the “what if’s” that mess with my mind and sense of security.  It’s the possibilities that leave me uneasy.  Not to mention that she now had me vouching for yet another kids security by taking her too…and I talked to Nina’s mom earlier that afternoon and told her the girls would be with us and not alone…..so I did what I had to do. 

I talked to Danny and he and I both went to this Quinceanera with Makaila and Nina! A bit much…maybe but Makaila wasn’t as put off by the notion as I thought she would be.  She wasn’t excited about it but she didn’t give us much of a fight either…so we went with it.  We all got ready and headed out to pick up Nina.  We got there just in time to watch them do the dances and crowning presentation and all that good stuff.  The girls hung out with their friends and dances while Danny and I sat back people watching.  It was a decent night.  We picked things apart that we liked and didn’t like and then finally at about 11:30 we headed home.  The girls were happy and so was I. 







It’s crazy to me how times have changed.  How my home and marriage has changed over the years and how we are as a family.  I have been in a relationship with Danny for going on 16 years now, and had you told me ten years ago that we would be where we are now, I may have laughed in your face.  I am so grateful and happy for the changes in each of us as people, I am grateful for our health, and for the impact God has on us as a family. 
Sunday morning we woke up early (Due to the time change), and I did some laundry, and watched some tv, then we all got ready for church.

Church Notes:
Stepping out of the boat and into your Future  Part 3 of Series: Future Tense – Trusting my future to the God who is already there
The causes of Fear:
·         A loss of Security (sometimes the storms are Gods plan for our lives)
·         A loss of stability  - turn to God the sure foundation that can never be shaken
·         A loss of visibility  - we become afraid when we can’t see what’s coming, or when we are in the dark
To overcome these fears we must:
1.       Move forward in faith when I feel afraid. 
2.       Stay focused on Christ love instead of the waves.  (Courage is moving ahead in spite of your fears).
3.       Cry out to God when I’m sinking.  “Save me Lord” “Take Over” ”I Need you – I can’t do this alone”
4.       Worship the God who controls it all.  Don’t worry – Worship.  Focus on God in Every

I think there are times we all need to be reminded to move forward and trust in him despite our fears…he most always has bigger and better things ahead, or he will surprise us by saving us from some other turmoil we didn’t see coming!!

After church we headed home to grab a few things, then drove into Galena Park to buy some BBQ plates that were benefitting Jesse Valdez.  The constable, that died earlier in the week in the head on collision on Wallisville Rd.  We did not know him personally, but he was from Galena Park (where I grew up) and left behind a 10 year old son he was raising alone…so anything we could do to help….why not.  We picked up our plates then headed over to Ceci and Ray’s to watch the Texans game. 


We watched that and then I worked on some of the 15 arrangements for a couple minutes before we headed home. 

Actually we detoured on our way home to COSTCO.  I know…AGAIN!!  We love that place…obviously.  We surprise surprise bought all kinds of great stuff and spent way more than we should have.  We spent a few hours there and then finally headed home.  We unloaded the car, heated up some pizza, and then Danny made me some sausage and corn in hot sauce because I was craving it.  He loves me! LOL

I in the mean time organized and clipped coupons! We watched some tv, ate dinner, and then got ready for bed!  Danny and I of course stayed up watching Revenge and then went to bed. 

Overall it was a good low key weekend, but I was highly aware of my blessings and I am so grateful.  I hope you have a great week!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.