Tina's Funeral

November 24, 2014

I went to work this morning in a somber mood.  Today Tina will be put to rest and I can't stop crying about her.  I think what hurts more is the reality that we are getting older and our parents are too.  That realization that one day my mom will pass and that I don't want that day to come.  I hurt to see my mom hurt, I hurt knowing that I could have shown her more love and I didn't.

The funeral was beautiful.  We had a mass at Our Lady of Fatima.  There were tons of people, I saw many of the kids that tina took care of over the years.  Many people that have known and loved her tamales all over Galena Park.  It was beautiful.

At her graveside there were mariachi's and they played so beautifully, and I was a basketcase of tears!  I told Elsa and Guillermo and Carlos that I loved their mother like I love my own, which is the complete truth.

I kissed the girls goodbye (they went home with my parents for the week - since there is no school for Thanksgiving week), and I went back to work for the rest day.

I got home right when Danny did and we spent our evening cuddling on the couch watching tv.

We called it a night early and I prayed for my girls and for Tinas soul and for the blessings taht God pours down on us day after day!

Have a great week and call the ones you love.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.