Surprise!

November 4, 2014

Tonight - we went to HIT and then came home aching all over.  We opted out of the evening class, because we were tired, and because it was cold, and Danny is on nights - so I hate being out late and class wouldn't be over until 9:30 and that's past the girls bed time.  instead we sat around clearing some stuff off the dvr.  

While we were watching tv, Makaila casually asked if she could use my credit card, to which I replied..."UHHH no!" She said, "Please mom I will give you the money, but I want to buy something online."

I made her give me the cash first and then handed her my card, skeptically thinking that she was spending her money on something really stupid!!

She was smiling ear to ear and super excited about whatever she was buying, so I was thinking...Oh brother this is gunna be interesting.  I proceeded to lecture her on buying stupid over priced stuff that band boys or viners promote and how its a waste of money...blah blah blah.....

Once she was done, I told her to show me...and she did...but when she did I started to cry.

Makaila used the money she earns baby sitting, and tutoring to buy me and her tickets to the Steve Curtis Chapman concert later this month!!!  She was so proud of herself, and so happy to have bought this with her own money.  She said it was her Christmas Gift to me.  That she wants to take me to the concert and enjoy it together!

Talk about a proud mommy moment!  And an humbling one to boot!  It was such an eye opener to me that I can be quick to judge or reject her decisions, and I fail to remember and acknowledge sometimes how kind-hearted and giving and considerate she is!  I forget that she is growing up, and that she is smart and kind.

I also remembered her asking me earlier if we could go to that concert, and telling her no, because it wasn't in the budget!  I am so proud of her and I love her kind giving heart!  I am looking forward to this concert, and spending time with her alone.  I love me girls and its moments like this that remind me, that while parenting isn't easy and sometimes it isn't fun....we are doing a good job and our girls are amazing!!!

Makaila - thank you!! From the bottom of my heart, and the depths of my soul, thank you for reminding me how amazing you are, and for teaching me yet again that your growing up into an amazing woman that I can be so so proud of!!

I love you!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.