Weekend Rewind - Oct 2014

October 20, 2014

Friday morning I went to work and enjoyed my day at work.  I had lunch with my co-workers and had some time so I started to so my Study group homework...it is still exciting to me...so that went by fast!

After work I came home and we just hung out for awhile.  The girls fought with me over who would get to cuddle with Danny and like always...I lost!  He left to work shortly after and took Makaila with him because she was going to the game to cheer on her cousin Carlos.

Issy and I stayed behind and while she played school with the neighbor girls I decided to make myself a skirt!  I loved how it turned out too...



There is a new Hancock Fabrics in our neighborhood, so I am hoping I can get back on the sewing bandwagon (I fell off awhile back and hadn't been back in a awhile!!).
The pics are not that great because my photographer was a little pissy! LOL She figured out that her sister went to the game without her and was not happy!

Amy came by and then we spent the next hour sitting out on the porch chit chatting about the kiddos.  Nina was out too so we just talked about the kids and our weeks and what not.  We hung out until it got late and the mosquitoes started coming out.  Issy and I came back in and Abby knocked on our door and brought us dinner!  Amy made pot roast and it was delicious!!

Issy and I ate and then headed out to Target.  We had a gift from her birthday that needed to be returned and I had been putting it off for weeks! We made it to Target and returned her gift then spent the next hour walking around to figure out how she wanted to spend the money that was oh so hot and burning a whole in her little pocket! LOL

She decided on a One Direction CD and a new pair of headphones and a candy! LOL
I bought a golf set for Lucas's birthday and a gift card, and then we headed out.  I called Makaila and went to meet up with Karena to pick her up.

We jammed to One Direction the whole way home and called it a night pretty early.

Saturday morning I woke up early as did Issy and we spent our morning doing laundry.  4 loads later Makaila woke up and caught that Issy and I were playing dress up.  I took everything out of Issy's closet and decided to have her model things for me to try and purge!

She spent about 45 minutes doing runway walks for me while I mc'd...then she got bored.





There was clothes everywhere adn she lost interest.  Instead we took a break and played Heads Up!  It was hillarious.  We finished up her clothes sorting and called Nina over to take some stuff for Gracie.  She tried on Issy's dress up clothes too and made a nice Sophia the First!

The girls were getting bored and we had a birthday party to attend at 4, so I had them shower and get ready and I decided to take them into downtown to take some pictures!!  I am so glad I did because they came out amazing!!














































Crazy...but that was only about 1/5th of the pics that we took.  We had a blast!! It was hot outside so we started sweating pretty quickly...but we got some great creative pics of the girls! I was so happy we went over there.  Once we were pic'd out we headed over to JC for Lucas's birthday party.  It was early so we helped set-up and get things ready.  We spent all afternoon over there and we had a blast!





































The party was out of this world.  We spent time with Family, I got to hang out with good friends, and we laughed and had a blast.  It was a great afternoon of fun.  When the party ended we hung back and helped clean up and load the cars.  Isabella still had plenty of energy so she insisted we head over to Tia Sylvia's to watch Lucas open presents!! We headed over, unloaded everything and watched him open his gifts.  We left there and headed over to Ceci and Ray's to play with Ava for a few minutes.



We didn't last too long because I was super tired!  We headed home adn it was actually only 9pm! LOL  The day was long and we were tired.  I got home and planned on putting away some laundry.  One thing lead to another and I ended up trying on all my jeans and Makaila did too...she ended up taking 10 pairs of jeans away from me. Oh my goodness.......Saturday October 18th is officially the day my baby girl started sharing closets with me! Oh wow time flies.  I am actually a little flattered that I still dress decent enough that she wanted some of my things.  Don't worry there were plenty of jeans she snubbed! LOL

By the time we were done putting clothes away and trying on jeans it was almost midnight.  We took showers and got ready for bed!

Sunday morning I woke-up got ready for church and we all headed out for service.  We met Rose & Jade, and the Ramirez family at church.  I was a little excited that I knew a few more people in church this Sunday!  Thanks to the study group I was greeted by  a few familiar faces at teh door this week.  It was nice.

Church Notes: 
We started a new series called: Future Tense - Trusting my Future to the God who is already there! 

Jer 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity.  I will gather you from all teh nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exhile.  

1. Trust in God's word over man's opinion.  Stop trying to please those around you and letting society influence who you are becoming.  Read God's word and accept his guidance in your life.  Stop listening to the world and living in fear; instead listen to the word and know that God is with you and when he is with you ...you are safe!!

2,. Don't let fears about the future keep you living the present.  God says you do not have to be afraid of the future because he is already there.  Worrying can't change the past or control the future, it just stresses out the present.  

3. Stop struggling to control the future and surrender to Christ's care and control!! God wants miracles in our lives! Believe in him for the promises he has given us! 
                   * God cares about my future 
                   * God loves our praise and fellowship
Put God 1st in all areas of our life and see him transform you!1 

4. Shift from being reactive to being proactive!! God wants miracles in our lives! Believe in him for the promises he has given us.  

After church we headed home and did a few things then took off to the other side of town to have Menudo at my in-laws!  It was yummy and we spent the rest of the day there hanging out with family.  Everyone stopped by and Danny spent some time with his brothers and sisters.  It was great.  I love when families get together for no real reason other than just enjoy each others company.

Ceci and Rose and I got together in the back room while the kids were away at the zoo to do our small group meeting.  The topic was forgiveness which I find kinda ironic since we were there amongst family and his sister Teresa was a topic of conversation.  She has done some pretty bad things that are kinda hard to let go and forgive...but I know God wants us to love like he does...so we are as a group going to work on that and hope to please God.

Danny and I had to head home because we were supposed to pick up Sam and Tony from teh airport.  They have spent the last two weeks trecking through Rome, Italy, Paris, and Turkey.  Oh to be young and single!!

They landed a little after 6, so we headed to the airport and circles around then sat inteh cell lot for about an hour!  It was no biggie..I sat there and played on my phone then got bored so I gave Danny a massage (poor baby was tired...he got out of work Sunday morning at 7, and then rested his eyes for about 30 minutes before we headed out to church) and when they finally called that they were ready we picked them up and headed home.

We hung out and heard about their trip.  Jose and Alexis offered to bring the girls home, so while we waited Sam and I went to get dinner!  We ate and then they headed home and we got ready for the week to come.  Showers, setting out clothes, and clean-up.  We all headed to bed and said our prayers.  It is so cute...Isabella was worried earlier in the evening, becuase she heard her Daddy was going to go to college (SO PROUD - by the way), so she asked him if he was going to live at a college and not with us.  Jokingly he told her yes, that he would be living in a dorm adn enjoying frat parties....she didn't get the sarcasm because the poor girl was almost in tears worrying what we would do without her daddy in our home to love on! Oh the innocence of kids...it's so cute.  We said our prayers and again like she has for the past 4 nights in a row she asked Jesus to bless her and her daddy to give him a new job where he can spend more time with her and his back wont hurt and he will be happy.  From her mouth to God's ears!!!

Join us as we pray together as a family for God to work miracles in our lives to help Danny find a new job!!

Have a great week!! We love ya!!



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.