Weekend Rewind - Moreno Family Reunion

October 27, 2014

This weekend was fantatstic.  It was our annual Moreno family reunion (My paternal grandmother’s side of the family). 
Friday was my off Friday so I woke up at 5:30 and got started on my house cleaning.  I did tons of laundry and ironing and took the girls to school, and then came home and cleared some of my shows from the DVR while I cleaned house!

Once I was done with all that Danny and I headed to Costco to get some stuff to take to the reunion! We ate lunch at a new place called LA Cajun and it was pretty good….then we did our typical Costco run and spend way more than we should have! I got a Christmas gift for Issy and some new fur lined rain boots  for myself, the things we actually went in there for and then we headed home.  We picked up our little ladies and then headed home to get ready for Scrapbook night!  The ladies came over and we did our layout and hung out for awhile.  The layout was a cute Thanksgiving one so everyone was happy!

Once we wrapped up Scrapbook Night, I cleaned up a bit more (Danny took off to go see a band play) and then I headed over to Turner Stadium to pick Makaila up from the Football game she was at.  Sometimes I hate that she is so grown up!! I love watching her and I hate it all in the same!!
Saturday morning I woke up early, showered , got ready, loaded up and by 8:30 we were on the road to Grandma and Grandpa’s for the reunion.  We got there at about 11, and then got right to work loading things into the cars and setting up things at the church.  


























   




 
 

















 























We hung out and greeted all our family and played some CLR and ate lunch, and just had a good time.  I was happy to have gone.  In the past I have never really prioritized it because it’s usually far away, and they do it every year which kinda dulls the meaning to me, but this year my parents were the hosts and so I was obligated and I am glad I was.  It was nice hangin’ out and seeing everyone.  Danny had been suffering from some major back pains so I planned on staying for a few hours and then heading home, but he was such a trooper…he was playing horseshoes and laughing with my cousins and having a good time…we stayed until about 10 , and then headed home to go to church in the morning!
Sunday morning, we woke up and got ready for service. 

 Church Notes:
Future Tense – Part 2 – Trusting my Future to the God who is Already there

·         God can give you the power to cope with the pain in your life.  He strengthens you.  He gives you peace to deal with the present, and courage to deal with the future.
·         God can give you power to cope with the temptations in your life.  He lovingly wants to protect you from heartache and pain that temptation brings. 
·         God can give you power to do what you can’t do on your own.  God is awesome and all powerful and yet his focus is on giving us his grace and peace!

How do we tap into God’s power?
1.       Admit your weak without him. 
2.       Affirm God’s power and presence
3.       Align yourself with God’s will
4.       Ask God for the power you need
5.       Act out of obedience to God
With faith we will receive power as power is needed.  God can heal you along the way.  Trust God to know what’s best.  Faith is belief in action – taking action in what we believe in.  Empty yourself of the pretense that you can handle things without him!!!


After church we came home and watched the Texans game; but it wasn’t looking too promising so we decided to load up and go have lunch instead.  We headed to Tookie’s in Kemah and called Danny’s brother Juan on the way to invite him and Olga to join us since we would be in their neck of the woods.  We had Tookie’s and it was great, then we headed back to their house to finish watching the game.  We hung out for a good while, talking and Issy and I walked down tot eh water to throw rocks.  It was a nice peaceful afternoon.  We headed home at about 5.  I called Angel to let her know I was home and she brought me some fabric to make her a Pocahontas costume for Halloween!  I whipped her one up real quick and then we spent the rest of our evening buying groceries, and relaxing.  Danny and I did our Sunday regular of watching Revenge together and then off to bed we went! 


It was a great weekend surrounded by family and friends and I feel so blessed to have my family with me.  To have my husband off on Sundays to go to church with us, to enjoy the little things in life that matter so much.  I am grateful that we are all healthy and happy and that I feel God’s love and grace around me each day!  I hope you have a great week! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.