8th Grade Award Ceremony

May 28, 2014

A few weeks back we received a formal invitation in the mail to the Annual 8th Grade Award ceremony.  Apparently the Teachers decide who they choose to award for their class work, personalities, examples, etc. and then send out invitations to this ceremony.  The kids have no idea who is awarding them or what their awards are for.

We have been blessed in that Makaila received this invitation each year she has been at AMS.  This year, will be our baby girls last year in Middle school, so I am excited and yet highly nervous for her next school chapter in High School! She has grown up so fast!

I feel like I was just looking at this beautiful baby girl in my arms , then I blinked and she was Minnie mouse for Halloween, I blinked again, she was playing tee-ball, blinked again, she was out on the soccer field, blink again and she was tucking her tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy, blinked again, and she was excelling in broadcasting in Elementary school, and now I blinked and this beautiful baby girl that has been such an immense blessing in my life is headed to high school!!!!!

If only there was a pause button I could press to keep it from going!

Last night at her awards Ceremony sitting between Danny and Isabella I got to thinking about our baby girl and how much she has grown up.  I was staring at her thinking...WTH......When did she become such a woman!

In my mind she is still my little baby girl...I still want to tickle her and see those little dimples she gets high on her cheeks when she smiles, and I still want to have her read to me at night, or tell me about school or friends or anything!  Now most days she sits around with her head stuck in her phone and I'm not the cool mom I once was.  Let me take you down memory lane for just a sec.....that way you can see what I see when I think about Makaila.....(insert here those swiggly lines and that DLLPOP DLLLOPD kinda noise they do in tv shows).......










You see what I mean...what happened...how did she grow so fast!!!

Anyway - last night was sweet....our baby girl received two awards last night.  Once for her excellence in Math and another in US History! We are extremely proud of the beautiful smart young woman she is becoming. 



Makaila if you happen to read this at any given moment should it be soon or years down the road...know this...you are loved beyond measure.  Your daddy and I couldn't be more proud of the woman you are becoming!  It is really hard for us to let you grow up at times and it can be scary for us, but you have proven at every turn to be smarter than we give you credit for, more talented than you give yourself credit for, have a bigger heart than anyone we know, you are just without a doubt an amazing person!!!  The examples you set for your little sister are something to be proud of. While you can be stubborn at times.....you are great at everything you do....its just getting you to try something new that's the hard part. If you ever wake up doubting yourself or feeling like your not enough...know this..you are WRONG!!!  You are amazing.  God created you in his eyes and you are here for his purpose!  You have so many things to offer this world......and as your parents we will always love you and support you and be cheering you on!!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.