Little Treasures

May 22, 2014

This morning I stayed home to take Isabella to school.  I was invited to the Volunteer Appreciation breakfast and Isabella really wanted me to be there...so I arranged to com into work a little later and did just that.

I think our internal clocks suck because I was up and awake by 6 - when I really wanted to sleep till about 7! LOL

Instead I laid in bed talking to Danny and got up, had time to curl Issy's hair and talk to the girls.  We even got a picture of us all in the restroom annoying the crap out of Makaila!

She said she would post it with the caption - can a girl get ready in peace?? Answer - NO!


I took Issy to school , only to find out that the kids were not allowed at the breakfast - which kinda sucked...so i headed into work.  I was stuck in traffic for well over an hour thanks to this:

Thanks to this over turned truck on the 6-10 ramp, 59 was down to one lane which made my 20 minute drive more like an 85 minutes drive!!!

Lucky for me - Jesus loves me cause my handsome hubby came to get me for lunch and we had some great wings at Hooters together.  I love our little lunch dates and today was extra special.  Danny spent his morning pulling out all our shrubs in front of the house and replanting them for his brother.  He was tired and aching and yet he still got showered up and came to take me to lunch!  Scratched up arms and cramping fingers and all.  I'm not sure if he did it intentionally or not - but he even opened my door and closed it for me today! It was so romantic.  I didn't point it out to him, because I have learned that if I point things out or embarrass him he will not do it again - but I noticed and I loved it!

It's funny how such a simple gesture can make me feel so special! I am on cloud 9.  I may meeting after meeting, and deadline upon deadline while  am at work - but I sure do feel like a special special girl today! Thanks Dan!

Thank God too for the simple little treasures in life like morning family time, simple lunches with my hubby, a great job that is flexible and awesome, our health and the joys in our life that come in abundance!!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.