Lululemon

May 9, 2014

Friday - I was off of work - however I accidentally left my wallet at work, so after I dropped the kids off at school, I headed to work to pick it up.  I had a scheduled call I needed to be on - so I drove over to the galleria and sat in the parking lot taking the call.  Dreadfully it lasted almost two solid hours!!! 

After the call ended, I walked into Lululemon!  Have you heard of it?  People at work are always telling me how fantastic this workout clothes is, and how I must try it, and blah blah blah.  I looked it up and it was way out of my price range...but sadly someone at work brought me her stuff to see and feel, and then some other people chimed in about how worth the money it was and so they convinced me to go check it out! 

I walked in and asked the sales lady "OK, so what's the hype...what makes you guys so much better than other workout clothes?" She laughed at me firs,t then went on to tell me all this stuff about their fabric, and breathing, and functionality and all that good stuff.  She talked to me about what I do to work out, asked me about my weight and height and chest size and then she picked out some stuff for me to try.

I tried on a few different sports bras and then fell in love with the TATA TAMER! It was fantastic.  It runs in bra sizes and held my boobs in perfectly..with no movement and no squishing, and thick straps for support! She even had me jog while wearing it and do several different exercises in it to be sure!  The hard part was talking myself into spending $60 on a sports bra! That's alot of freakin money - but I guess realistically it is a good investment if it does its job, and I do workout enough to need it (although you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at me!).  Realistically I wear two sports bras (Target/ Marshall's or Wal-mart finds) daily to Karate to keep the girls in place....so $60 for one that works well and is comfortable...wouldn't be so bad....at least that's what I convinced myself with!!

After I succeeded in talking myself into the bra - Brandy the patient sales lady decides to have me try on some pants! I said "Are they gunna make me skinny?".  She laughed at me and said "Actually, you'd be surprised...try them on....most women buy them because they make them skinny! They hold everything in place and absorb moisture...you"ll love them." In my mind, I was thinking: lady you are crazy as hell if you think I am gunna spend $90 on some workout pants...but whatever...I have nowhere I need to be....I'll play along!

I tried on one pair and I'm not kidding..I was in shock! The pants were super tight, yet really comfortable and moveable, and I didn't look fat in them at all...I'm talking no love handles, no muffin top, no burgeoning belly , or flab sack above my woohaa! NOTHING..I actually looked thin in them and I was shocked at how comfortable they actually were. 

Long story a little less long - I walked out of Lululemon having spent $170!!!!!!!!!!! I was suckered in, and I am still in shock! I don't think I have ever spent that kind of money on clothes I can wear in public much less a sports bra and workout pants! I take frugality to a whole new level...so this is a major thing for me! 

I kid you not - I left there and called my sister to confess, and then she told me she found a few lulu things at the segunda - which I was already contemplating...I should go to the thrift store and if I find something I can bring this stuff back!! LOL 

I didn't go that far...but the guilt is surmountable and I am not sure how long it will take me to actually tear the tags off and wear this stuff...or if I will even make it without just returning it all together! 

I'll have to keep you posted on that later! 

Have a great weekend!!!





Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.