Weekend Rewind- Mother's Day

May 12, 2014

I was off on Friday and did a little shopping, some laundry and some watching tv, nothing too exciting.  Friday it rained some and Danny was working so the girls and I cleared some stuff off the DVR.  Makaila's friend came over to spend the night, so I took them over to Bahama Bucks for a snack.  We had snowcones and they played Jenga and a matching game with Issy!

Saturday morning was WAY TO EARLY.  I had to wake up at 4:45am, to get Makaila and her friend up and going.  They had to be at school by 5:15 for their Spring Band Field Trip.  They were going to Six Flags in Arlington!
I couldn't go back to sleep, so I stayed up and just did more laundry (I swears there is a never ending supply of laundry in our house).  At about 8, Issy was up and we showered and made plans for the day.  We invited Abby to the movies and then headed out.  I took them to eat donuts, and then we bought some candy and stopped at the bank and then finally made our way to the movies.  We watched Rio 2.  I think I was too tired to actually enjoy the movie.  But the girls had fun...so It was worth going.




After the movies, we headed back home, because Abby had plans with her family.  Issy and I loaded up and headed to Kohl's to spend my latest $10 gift card! LOL We did some major clearance shopping and I got....two belts, two pairs of slippers, and a sports bra for Makaila.....it was $10 subtotal, so all I had to pay was 81 cents in taxes.......SCORE!!

Of course Issy was with me, so that didn't happen.  She had to have a Rio 2 puzzle that was up front by the register....so I ended up spending $6! LOL Still not bad.

We headed home and Issy started her puzzle.  Danny was up by then, so we headed out to have some lunch together.  He took us to the Refinery in Downtown and their food was fantastic!




Once we were done eating, we headed over to Costco to walk it off.  We bought a few things and then headed to the Galleria.  We had nothing to do, so we walked around and people watched for about an hour or so.  It was nice, no real shopping just walking and looking.  It was relaxing.  We stopped at Amy's Ice Cream before heading home.  We headed to Target to get some Last minute Mother's Day things for my mother in law, and Issy talked her Daddy into buying her Jenga! LOL

We came home and played a few rounds of Jenga, and then Issy and her Daddy worked on the puzzle! We stayed up until 1 am, so we could pick Makaila up from her trip return...we were all super tired!

Sunday morning, I woke up and started to get ready for church.  I woke the girls up and the house was busting.  Rose and Jade came over and went to church with us! I was very happy they came (actually my inner soul was overjoyed - because that means that Danny talks to his sister about church and faith, and invited her to come -which makes me so so happy!!)

We headed to church and the notes are as follows:
The Bridge of Surrender (Restoration Step 3)
"Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth"
* Meekness is not weakness; it is strength under control!!!
- we have to understand that we can not control our lives, but we can get it under Christs car and control!!
The third step to building a bridge of surrender is focused on finding salvation/ restoration

First we must consciously choose to commit all our life to Christs care and control!

* I Trust God's son as my Lord and Savior
* I trust God's word as my standard to live by
* I trust God's will as my strategy for life
* I trust God's power for living

Place your life and hope in Jesus- ask him to strengthen you daily!

After church, we placed locks on the bridge at church to make a visible commitment to trust in God, and Commit our lives and our futures to his hands!  Let his will eb the way.

Rose was new to the church so Danny took her around to get the kids, while I shopped in the gift shop.  I ended up buying a cute beaded clutch that was adorable and a bracelet!
Rose bought a few things herself, and then we headed home.  I made some breakfast and then we lounged around finishing the puzzle!

I walked into the kitchen every few minutes to smell my flowers!!
Danny bought me two dozen red roses from the girls and they smelled phenomenal! In addition to the flowers, Isabella made me a ton of cute crafts at school, a poem, some paper flowers, some chore coupons (that I plan on laminating and reusing time and time again!).

Makaila and Danny gave me some pretty nice cards too.  What Makaila wrote in her card brought me to tears:




The card from the girls also had a gift card to Marshall's (they really know their mommy!)

It was so sweet.  I love that it was so fitting, and thoughtful.  I loved it all.  I felt really special!!

In the afternoon, we headed over to my in-laws for a barbeque.  The guys cooked out and everything was fantastic.  The kids played in the pool next door and once we were all done eating we played some Loteria!!







Ceci made us the cutest lollipop planters, and Mary gave me a cute PINK make-up bag too.  Very nice of them.  We all stayed until about 8:30 and then we headed home.  We took showers and headed for bed!  I was exhausted...the early rise and late night on Saturday was taking its toll.  I don't think I lasted more than 5 minutes in bed before I was snoring. 

It was a great weekend, and I hope yours was just as fulfilling as mine was!!!  Have a great week, 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.