Weekend Rewind - Districts!!

June 2, 2014

Friday morning I headed to work and waited for 8 am to roll around...as soon as the clock ticked, I called the pediatrician and made an appointment for Issy!

She is really sensitive to certain soaps and had a rash on her body when she came home from Teresea's (my fault for not packing her soaps), so on Sunday I bathed her in oatmeal Aveeno, and most of her rash was gone...I figured she would be fine the next day.  For the most part she was...but I put Vaseline on the parts that didn't clear up and then I tried Benadryl, and Gold Bond, and by Friday morning I was anxious to call the Dr. and get her seen....a week is way too long.

We were seen at 11, and turns out Isabella must have had strep that went untreated, because as a result she had a traveling yeast infection, which he explained could be a result of strep!  She had been suffering from sneezing and coughing for awhile....but not once did I think that it was anything serious, surely not strep!!!

I felt horrible.  We got some medicine and then headed over to pick up Makaila.  The girls and I had lunch at Culver's, and then packed and loaded up and headed to my parents.

We picked them up at about 6pm, and then drove the rest of the way to Dallas.  We checked into the hotel and then headed to the mall to stretch our legs.  We were only there for about 40 minutes but it was nice to stretch out and walk for a bit.  We got some shakes and then headed to the hotel for a few laughs and bed!!

Saturday morning we woke up early..hit the breakfast buffet and then got ready and headed over to the Convention Center for our District Tournament.  Now let me explain - this wasn't just another tournament----- its DISTRICTS!!  This is only for the top ten people in each age division for each of the 4 southern states that make up the South District.  It was a big deal!!  The level of energy and adrenaline in this place was crazy!!!  We each did our thing and rocked it!  I am so proud of my girls first for being in the top 10 of Texas in what they do...and for practicing as hard as they did for this and for rocking thier forms and sparring at this competition.  Isabella did not place in forms, and neither did I or Makaila.  Makaila and I both took 3rd place in Sparring.  I was tired and very proud when we left that place.  Also a little tickled.  My favorite part of this tournament was my daddy being my cheerleader.  While vulgar and innappropriate...he was so proud of us.  He was so passionate in his rants and raves and blow ups.  At one point I could hear him from my spot in the ring screaming "Esa pinche vieja en medio no vale una chingada...quiten la a chingar su madre, ta bien pendeja!!!" He obviously was not a judge of the middle fan (to say the least) but knowing that my parents were there cheering us on and being so passionately for us, was fantastic!











Before my matches were even over Dad had to leave and go wait outside because he was extremely pissed that I was called a warning shot and my opponent was given a point (Even thought I blatantly punched her in the face which is against the rules).  Dad said "These stupid Motherfucker son of a bitches...don't they know how to fight...they are so fuckin stupid" at which point mom told him to go wait outside because people weer looking at us and it wasn't funny anymore! LOL

I think I know where I get my passion!!!!  I love that crazy little man!! BY 1 pm the tournament was over for us, and we headed out.  We went straight to Gorditas Dona Tota (which Danny had send us the info for yesterday - along with a cute text that said - go to eat here without me...and don't say I don't love you!)

The food was fantastic.  And it just so happened that the street that the Gorditas was on was filled with Quince and Wedding boutiques and stores...so we walked our food off by walking the block and checking out the different stores and dresses.  Makaila even tried a few on.  I found an awesome eiffel tower rack for the champagne and flutes....very cute!


We headed out and made a pit stop in Waxahachie to see my grandparents old house.  Then we made a stop in Corsicana to get some goodies at the Russel Stover store!!! YUMMY






 



Issy opted to sit away from us, so she would have to share her ice cream!!

We dropped my parents off Saturday night, and then headed home.  Our Friend John's mother passed away this week, and the funeral was on Sunday, so we opted to drive back home on Saturday after the tournament to go pay our respects and be with John.




We were all tired...we took showers and went to bed.

Sunday morning I woke up and got to cleaning the livingroom and doing some laundry.  We got ready for church, and guess what...we had a whole group!!! I swear nothing makes me happier than people coming to church with us and getting to know a glimpse of the joy I feel at our church!!! It's like tht joy and flutter you get on your birthday cause you know its gunna be an awesome day!!

We headed out our little family of four, Jade adn Rose, Ceci, Ray Victoria and Alec...all to church looking pretty and feeling awesome!!

Service was fantastic.

Church Notes: 

Part 6 of Series: Burning Bridges ~ Destroying Harmful Habits Patterns and Experiencing real Change 

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" 

Restoration Step 7: I obey God by seeking restoration in my relationships.  I seek to make amends for harm I've done except when to do so would cause further harm. 

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." 

Restoration Step 8: I yield my life to God's purpose.  I take steps of obedience no matter what the consequences knowing that obeying Christ brings ultimate blessings.  

Obedience can bring difficulty/ pain - but we have to take that step in obedience and know that if God brings you to it, he will make you strong enough to get you through it!!

Reasons we fail to take those steps of faith:
1. We let fear paralyze us.  We are afraid of what might change or what will happen. 
2.  Intentions aren't actions!!!  Just because we talk about something  doesn't mean its done.  Sometimes we talk about something so much and for so long, that we get this false illusion that it is done......its not...follow your plan with action!!
3. Time!!!  Sometimes we forget that opportunities are limited!!  Tomorrow is not guaranteed....quit putting off today what you can do tomorrow...because tomorrow is not promised!!


When you begin to have faith and trust that God will catch you when you fall - then you will experience a freedom that is beyond compare.  

The bridge of obedience involves loss.  (It can cause you to loose friends, loose a certain reputation, fear, purposelessness, and loose the chains) The bridge of obedience leads to the ultimate gain!!!!!!!!!

You may step onto the bridge of difficulties or delays but God says  - trust in me and I will deliver you!

The bridge of baptism is the first step of obedience.  

They talked a lot about the importance of being baptized as an adult and it being a step of faith and a demonstration of that faith to your family.  How it shows your commitment to living a Christian life, and how it effects you emotionally, physically, in every way!!

It's so true...I was baptized at this church 2 years ago, and that moment being in that pool with my girls watching from the side, being dunked in a show of my faith to show that I would follow Christ in all my life....it was a feeling I just cant explain.  I was so happy, and proud of excited to be doing that in front of them and setting for them that example!! I highly highly recommend it.  Our church will be doing a big summer baptism this coming Sunday.  (I think my sister in law Rose is going to do it - I am super excited for her).  If you've ever considered it..DO IT!!  It will be a definite life experience that you will be so grateful for later!!!

After church, the kids stayed at the house and the adults headed out to Goodrich for the funeral.  It was a good drive, but we got to the McLeod's house about an hour before the funeral.  We ate and talked and then headed into Livingston for the service.  It was a beautiful service with the most amazing pictures of Mrs. McLeod when she was younger.  She was a gorgeous woman!! God rest her soul in heaven.

We went back to their house after the funeral and hung out for awhile before heading back into town.

I pray that God place the healing hands upon their family and heal their heart.  I pray that Mrs. McLeod is an angel in heaven.

We made a pit stop at Culver's for ice cream before going back to the kids.  It was nice spending time with them and laughing and crying and just talking.

Everyone headed home, and we got ready for the last week of school.  We did showers, and backpacks, and  a little tv.

Our weekend was crazy busy, a little exciting a little sad and very nice overall.  Danny and I are blessed to still have all four of ours parents alive and well.  We have two beautiful daughters that are healthy and full of life!  I am so immensely blessed it is just crazy.  I love my life, I love Jesus Christ and I love my Limon family, and my Salas family, and I love my life!!!!  Be grateful for what you have and make note of what you are living for!!!!!

I hope you have a great week!!  Love you!


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.