Weekend Rewind

December 9, 2013

Our weekend had some definite high and low points this time!!

Saturday morning the girls and I woke up and were ready to go at our tournament by 8:30.  Issy's division was up and going by 9:30.  She was pretty excited because they announced there was a 3 way tie for 2nd place which included her...but shortly after they all three went again she started to cry because she got 4th  place!!  She was not a happy camper.  They called our ring before hers was over but at some point I turned around to see her crying again - she lost her one- step match and was not happy at all.

I told her that she didn't practice and it showed, so she couldn't really be mad about it - she needed to practice more if she wanted to win - which was of no consolation to her so she just cried harder!

Makaila and I both did our forms and did not place.  So we got ready for our sparring.  Now let me just set this vision up for you.  There were only 3 adult women that showed up to this tournament, so since that is not enough to fight in our own division they lumped all the adult male and female people together (to allow us to earn points).  So I got a buy out and skipped the first round.  Makaila fought Mrs. Leslie and did great.  She lost her round by only one point!  I was extremely proud of her!  She did great.  My turn came up three rounds later and I was paired with Mr. Costa.  Picture a man about 6 feet tall , and much bigger than me.  I scored my first point with a kick to the chest.  Then he immediately scored on me with a soft kick to the chest.  Then I went in for a head kick(which my leg was not long enough to make), and on my way back down he caught me right in my hip!  I think it aeffected my land causee my hip popped and hurt like hell.  I kept going and went in for a kick as Mr. Costa did a reverse round kick and then in an instant he connected with the left side of my jaw line and snapped my head back with some mega force!  All I heard after that was a loud resounding OOOOFFFFF! from the crowd!  It was one of those surreal moments that kinda happens in slow motion!  One of those moments that would have been perfect for someone to quote the movie Friday and say - "DAMMMMMNNN...You just got knocked the F*^$& Out!!!!!"

While I didn't fall to the floor physically - my ego, pride and self respect sure the hell did!  The impact was so forecful that even my face shield twisted to the side! LOL I recovered ever so gracefully (NOT).  After Ms. Aggen asked me over and over if I was sure I wanted to keep going we did!  He got in his final lick and the match over was. 

Honestly my head wasn't hurting at this point.  It was my hip that was aching.  We hung around and watched the rest of the matches and the combat sparring take place.  We even stayed long enough to watch some of the black belt rounds....but at about noon I was really starting to ache all over so we headed home. 

I came home and took some tylenol and sat around watching tv for awhile.  An hour or two later I was having a massive headache to the point of making me cry!  I could hear Issy's voice echoing in my temples every time she talked! It was horrible!  I tried to go lay down for a nap (which Danny freaked about a little).  I texted him to tell him I thought I had a concussion cause my head was killing me and I was gunna lay down.  He called me and told me to get up cause if I did have one I shouldn't go to sleep.  I drowsily said ok, and I guess my ok wasn't good cause he called Makaila and had her come in and wake me up.  I ended up getting up and lounging in the livingroom again. Issy went over to Abbys to play and Makaila sat around watching tv and picking up the house here and there.  The neighbor came over later in the evening to bring us dinner (Issy told her I was sleeping, so she thought I was sick - and wanted to bring dinner for us in case I was).  I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS!

I filled her in on my ass whopping and she stayed for awhile to chat.  Danny came home from work, and we ate.  He was kinda pissed off that the school let the girls fight the guys considering how big they all are.  He said it was the stupidest thing ever and I thought it was cute that he was so angry about it! 

Needless to say I was in bed pretty early that night.  I was in bed by 8:30 and my head was throbbing.  Issy accidentally turned on the massage feature on the bed and I felt like needles being poked in my head it hurt so bad!  I fell asleep and hoped for the best.  Danny was feeling so bad for me he even fell asleep holding me!  That's a rarity for us so I felt pretty special (probably should have felt a little embarrassed too - but I was being cuddled so I didn't particularly care about anything else)!

Sunday morning I woke up at 7 feeling much much better!  My body was kinda sore but my headache was gone.  I got up and read a little of a book on my kindle and then started to shower and get ready for church.  The girls got up and got ready and off to church we went. 

Church notes:

God's Honor System

* Honor is giving weight, importance, and value to someone or something. 
The Benefits of Honoring God:
       * Divine Guidance ( he will keep you on track and show you which path to take
       * Divine Restoration (healing to your emotions, relations and spiritual healing)
       * Divine Provision (providing all your needs and always coming through in times of need)
I Honor God When I :
1. Give him my best.  Not just in finances bu tin my gifts and abilities, in my money, in my daily living
2. Acknowledge him first.  In all my ways and in all I do put him first.  In marriage, work, family, finances, friend, etc.

Give God:
* The first day of my week
* The first part of my day
* The first consideration in all my decisions
* the first portion of all my income


After our message we were treated to a guest speaker (Dwight Howard) from the Houston Rockets.  He talked about how he found Jesus, and some specific experiences he had over the years that have humbled him and had him feel God's presence in his life. He talked about obstacles he endured and pains he overcame.  It was nice to hear of someone in such a fame filled role talk so feverishly about his love of Christ and his mission to reach others through his standing to lead people to Christ!  I love that!  I honestly am not a sports nut at all - and probably wouldn't have known much about Dwight Howard before this point.  I am very happy to have received his message and to include him in my prayers of angel warriors!  I pray that Jesus continue using Dwight to lead others to Christ and to be a bright beacon of light for others in the NBA to come to know Jesus and start a relationship with an awesome God who loves so freely and amazingly!

After church I headed over to my sisters house.  We hung out (ALL OF US) all day long.  Erica got my moms menudo recipe and made us all menudo for breakfast!  I got there at about noon - and Erica , Nancy, Sammy, and our kids all sat at the table enjoying some amazing menudo, and laughing and talking.  We had some abuelita hot chocolate, ate some Mexican sweet bread and hung out laughing and stuff.  We played with make-up and then went to the Segunda to see if they had anything good going on.  We each bought a couple things then headed back.  We all got together and played Loteria for awhile and finally at about 7 I headed home!  We had a blast.  It was so nice to spend some times with my sisters doing nothing but hanging out and enjoying each others company!  The best way to end our weekend that's for sure!! 

Here are some pics of that:






After our fun day the girls took showers while I made some fidelo for dinner! Then since it was still early (and I had been promising all weekend) the girls made their Gingerbread houses and they were beautiful!!  Check them out:







We went to bed after this and I felt so blessed.  We had a great time all day Sunday going to church, gearing a great message, spending time with out family, laughing, and then creating wonderful Christmas memories!  I am so blessed!  Loving it!!!!

Have a great week!!! Love ya!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Limon Tree Treasures. Design by FCD.